• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    While I don't agree with all his specific points, he is not 100% wrong about the overall message... I get that on the right Trump is seen as the messiah, and anything said against him is going to be met with hostility from the right. It's going to be tough pill to swallow but it's been pretty clear for a while the left wants Trump to get the nomination, and it's simply because they believe he is damaged goods and will get destroyed in the general. Guess what? They might be correct about this. They are 10x more afraid of Ron DeSantis, as they probably should be, due to him having an amazing record as an effective conservative governor without all the baggage Trump has.

And as much as the die hard Trump fans don't want to admit it, every unfair attack they level on him, while boosting his primary chances, doesn't help and might hurt his chances in the general election. Independents are all that matters in the general in this ultra-polarized climate we now live. This latest federal indictment is another example of this. This has been a multi-year calculated effort by the left to make sure Trump is the nominee again, and everything seems to be falling into place, especially with irrelevant Mike Pence now joining the race.

As for me, I'll lay my cards out there. I wasn't buying the Trump as a conservative thing back in the 2016 election, and as such for the first time in my life I didn't vote the top of the ticket. I told many of my family, co-workers and friends that I feared Trump would end up going down in history as the worst thing to ever happen to the Republican party. However, Trump did a unarguably great job the first 3 years of his presidency, and as such I did vote for him in the 2020 election. Do I still believe at his core he is a conservative outside of economic and foreign policy issues? Not really, but as I've always said I care more about what someone does than what they say, and his body of work in his first 3 years as President was very good from a policy and governance perspective.

However, now more than ever, to steal one of Trump's own lines, ;) we need someone who is going to WIN WIN WIN... Stealing lines from the left to attack his political foes, stepping on every rake in the yard, etc. isn't helping him out with anyone who isn't a die hard supporter... He is a hammer in search of a nail, sometimes he hits the nail, and sometimes he hits himself in the face. Not telling people not to support Trump, just saying the most important thing right now is to get the bumbling stumbling fool known as Joe Biden out of the office, and true conservatives need to look at these situations objectively. It will be interesting to see how things play out.
    :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: Could have saved a lot of energy by just liking SDL posts. :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

• Haha
    Reactions: KG1

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Ron DeSantis needs to rob a bank.

The poor guy has played every good hand dealt him. Won a second term as Florida governor in a landslide. Served his time in Washington. Staked out all the right positions. Learned to raise money. Checked all the boxes.

He studied how to laugh more genuinely. He is working on being more personable with voters.

But it turns out America still wants an outlaw.

Lulz

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Chris is going to gain how many percentage points with this announcement?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It isn't about running for anything but a paycheck. He is one of a swarm of hopeless contenders whose only job is to Hector Trump. Probably paid by both sides of the 'aisle'

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    DeSantis lost favor with Trump because Trump claims he is being disloyal to him. You must kiss the ring.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom