Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    BTW, I stand corrected on the COO rather than CEO for Thiel
    And, I would add, $300,000 to a campaign doesn’t buy much, compared to $15 Million… which I’m pretty sure exceeds ALL of CfGs outlays in 2022.
    Perhaps, because they spent 5x that $300k against Trumps candidacy in 2015 as well as strong-arming less well funded candidates not to support his candidacy. And thank you for pointing out that CfG saw fit to suck up to him when it wanted something, and the trope of vindictive, revenge seeking politician would seem to be a bit shaken by his willingness to work with an organization that is a major GOP donor despite its many flaws

Do you think campaign spending and log-rolling is wise when used to try to block another candidate rather than just support the one that your group favors? Seems you feel like Trump does it but it isn't a problem when it is done TO Trump

I think all the information I've seen is that CfG expects a substantial return on its 'investment' in a politician and they are indeed DeSantis' paymasters to date. He may indeed develop wider and more varied funding now that many see him as some kind of savior and be able to slip the lead. We'll see

CfG is very pro unrestricted immigration, pay attention to how DeSantis positions himself on that in the national arena. He is against shipping illegals to Florida and has taken some steps to protect his state. Limiting policy proposals to only your state can be defended if you're just a Governor, but once he goes national he'll have to tackle the problem in all its facets. If he does his master's bidding, there is a ready made excuse for you about how Florida is a diverse state with many immigrants blah blah vibrant multicultural blah blah blah

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Donald Trump still represents the best chance we have to reclaim a government committed to the restoration of the rule of law and the sovereignty of the American people.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I know how badly you want to turn this discussion away from who really holds DeSantis' leash and how many other people than Trump backed the 'losers' that you wish to hang around Trump's neck solely, but try to get your facts straight
    Well it is the Trump Thread. There is a DeSantis thread to discuss Desantis.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

Perhaps, because they spent 5x that $300k against Trumps candidacy in 2015 as well as strong-arming less well funded candidates not to support his candidacy. And thank you for pointing out that CfG saw fit to suck up to him when it wanted something, and the trope of vindictive, revenge seeking politician would seem to be a bit shaken by his willingness to work with an organization that is a major GOP donor despite its many flaws
    Most if not all organizations want something in return for donating money to a cause. Would you agree with that statement?

How come we don't discuss organizations that donated to Trump in the Trump thread? Are there any? What did they want?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Or one could simply refute biased criticisms of Trump in the Trump thread, right next to where they happen

How does that go about where one takes the most flack? 30 seconds over Tallahassee?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Most if not all organizations want something in return for donating money to a cause. Would you agree with that statement?

How come we don't discuss organizations that donated to Trump in the Trump thread? Are there any? What did they want?
    What is stopping you? Lay out your evidence, like the post I made in here somewhere where McCormick is quoted saying what CfG expects of DeSantis going forward - it was from 2019 I believe, after he won as Governor (could be in the DeSantis thread)

Maybe you have reams of material where anyone who gave money to Trump laid out what their expectations were? Post up

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    What is stopping you? Lay out your evidence, like the post I made in here somewhere where McCormick is quoted saying what CfG expects of DeSantis going forward - it was from 2019 I believe, after he won as Governor (could be in the DeSantis thread)

Maybe you have reams of material where anyone who gave money to Trump laid out what their expectations were? Post up
    No I would just figure one of his most ardent 2024 supporters would know more about him than I do. Maybe its just better if it stays hidden for you.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    No I would just figure one of his most ardent 2024 supporters would know more about him than I do. Maybe its just better if it stays hidden for you.
    So you think what you know less about than I do should remain hidden?

Good call, start now - but it might drastically affect your post count going forward

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Trump was beholding to Russia. There was 3 years of investigations and $30mil+ that demonstrated it.

(I ain't using purple. If you can't see the intended sarcasm that's on you)

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN

Do you think campaign spending and log-rolling is wise when used to try to block another candidate rather than just support the one that your group favors? Seems you feel like Trump does it but it isn't a problem when it is done TO Trump

I think all the information I've seen is that CfG expects a substantial return on its 'investment' in a politician and they are indeed DeSantis' paymasters to date. He may indeed develop wider and more varied funding now that many see him as some kind of savior and be able to slip the lead. We'll see

CfG is very pro unrestricted immigration, pay attention to how DeSantis positions himself on that in the national arena. He is against shipping illegals to Florida and has taken some steps to protect his state. Limiting policy proposals to only your state can be defended if you're just a Governor, but once he goes national he'll have to tackle the problem in all its facets. If he does his master's bidding, there is a ready made excuse for you about how Florida is a diverse state with many immigrants blah blah vibrant multicultural blah blah blah
    First, I see that they supported Cruz, Rubio and Rand in 2015 as proven pro-growth, I don't see where they spent to "oppose" Trump.

Second, if they are the evil multi-headed dragon, why would Trump appear on stage? I'll take him at his word that "together" they staked winners. On his own, not so much...

And, finally I see nothing that shows them as un-restricted immigration, which I interpret as open borders and general amnesty. If they are PRO immigration with border security, eVerify, work visas for immigrant labor and giving preference to immigrants who bring skills to our country (like most developed countries do... want does the immigrant ADD), then I'm pro that also.

Again, CfG is your bogeyman, not mine... and Trump was in bed with them for years even though they didn't support him the first time.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    @BugI02 I'm also seeing the CfG endorsed Thomas Massie from the beginning, his first run in 2012, as well as 2020 when he had a primary challenger. And that Massie scores high on their scorecard.

So given my high regard for Massie, I reject your charge that they are evil incarnate and might actually be the good guys. :)

asevans

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Sorry guys.
    The reality is that it doesn’t matter what candidate is running for most offices.
    We will not have a legitimate election going forward in this country until people accept this fact first. Our elections are rigged.
    What do we do about it?
    I don’t know

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    First, I see that they supported Cruz, Rubio and Rand in 2015 as proven pro-growth, I don't see where they spent to "oppose" Trump.

Second, if they are the evil multi-headed dragon, why would Trump appear on stage? I'll take him at his word that "together" they staked winners. On his own, not so much...

And, finally I see nothing that shows them as un-restricted immigration, which I interpret as open borders and general amnesty. If they are PRO immigration with border security, eVerify, work visas for immigrant labor and giving preference to immigrants who bring skills to our country (like most developed countries do... want does the immigrant ADD), then I'm pro that also.

Again, CfG is your bogeyman, not mine... and Trump was in bed with them for years even though they didn't support him the first time.
    Same canard. How could Trump be in bed with them prior to his ever running for office and how is it on him that they decided to suck his ... ring ... when he had power they wanted to use. Maybe you should list all the contributions to Trump or fundraising they did for him

Oh, but wait, you were insisting that Trump holding fundraisers for Zeldin wasn't real support, since he didn't endorse him in the primary. Since we know that CfG never endorsed Trump for anything, any fundraising they did for him (as if) wouldn't count anyway. Maybe you can show the contributions they made to Trump, then. Surely you have SOME basis for saying Trump was in bed with them besides your general Trump animosity, yes?

As for CfG's support for open borders, beyond the fact they are capitalist libertarian, they have no official position on illegal immigration. That alone should tell you something, but otherwise you will have to rely on what their head says about the issue, which I leave up to you to post as I've already done so. Lastly, I think being DeSantis' largest donor for almost his whole career means it's way more likely he's between the sheets with them than Trump is

And, really, the issue isn't solely CfG. We got started on this when you wanted to say Trump and only Trump picked losers. I have proved that Competence Man picked some of the same losers as did Competence Man's paymasters. The conversation then became a twisting attempt to muddy the waters so you wouldn't have to admit that Trump's picks, outside of your little world view, were not uniquely bad or unshared by others. Finally, if they supported Cruz, Rubio and Rand (why limit it to 2015, though)good on them (with the caveat that Little Marco was part of the last attempt at illegal alien amnesty as part of the Gang of Eight. If he ran in my state I'd back his challenger in the primary), but weren't those examples of candidates EXPECTED to win in non-competitive races that you're always on about in order to devalue actual wins backed by Trump?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom