Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Tell me why shouldn't he agree to a carve out if it came down to it for seasonal guest worker visa programs as a solution? These seasonal guest workers are here illegally without visas. Seems to me DeSantis is against the practice of hiring them illegally thereby enticing them to break the law hence the reason for signing the E-verify legislation.
    Idunno. I’m not very confident about E verify. I think it’s a scam to appease Republican supporters who want something done about illegal immigration.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    What president has had more accomplishments erased than Trump has? He has to be able to work with the people who disagree with him. I understand that Trump also had obstacles that other presidents didn’t have, and that contributed. But, so did his antics.

One problem is communication skills. Comparing him to someone like Reagan, who was able to get the people behind him in a way that Trump could only do with his own faction. When the press or opponents would twist the meaning of something, Reagan would retort with a witty soundbite, and then explain what was true and what was not. Trump just says, “you’re fake news,” and lets the fake news define him.
    Will Trump be able to form an administration now that aren't snakes in waiting like there was in his prior administration? is another question. He had enemies without and enemies within trying to undermine him. Everyone was queuing ;) up to turn on him.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Will Trump be able to form an administration now that aren't snakes in waiting like there was in his prior administration? is another question. He had enemies without and enemies within trying to undermine him.

If Trump wins there will be a lot of pressure from CoC Republicans. Corporate media, Democrats, on people he appoints not to accept. It’s like when law firms were blackballed if they represented him. The hate is just unbelievable. And I think he’ll have a hard time fielding a team.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Idunno. I’m not very confident about E verify. I think it’s a scam to appease Republican supporters who want something done about illegal immigration.
    True...Maybe he was doing it for show while giving a nod to his CfG chums to continue business as usual.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    If Trump wins there will be a lot of pressure from CoC Republicans. Corporate media, Democrats, on people he appoints not to accept. It’s like when law firms were blackballed if they represented him. The hate is just unbelievable. And I think he’ll have a hard time fielding a team.
    Oh I'm sure there will be some kind of reticence by top-quality people to accept a position this time around.

A lot of people just don't want to put their reputations on the line for Trump and subject themselves to potential ruin. He's a hot potato now and would be a hot POTATUS.

Last edited:

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Breaking news is that if NY fails in its mission to jail Trump they have another plan to go after him for being late in returning a library book when he was in the 5th grade. The librarian is to be on the View and tell them how traumatic it was to not be able to find the book and will also be suing Trump for mental anguish.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Oh I'm sure there will be some kind of reticence by top-quality people to accept a position this time around.

A lot of people just don't want to put their reputations on the line for Trump and subject themselves to potential ruin. He's a hot potato now and would be a hot POTATUS.
    Or the only people who would do it are the ones who aren’t corrupt. That might be a good thing. Maybe Trump could put the 3 FBI whistle blowers in charge of the FBI. There isn’t that many decent people left in the existing swamp to pick from anyways.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Or the only people who would do it are the ones who aren’t corrupt. That might be a good thing. Maybe Trump could put the 3 FBI whistle blowers in charge of the FBI. There isn’t that many decent people left in the existing swamp to pick from anyways.
    That's a possibility too.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There’s a competence issue. Being ethical and being competent would be the ideal. Can’t always get both. I’m not suggesting that Trump should hire unethical people. I’m saying that it’s hard enough to find competent people, and ethical people, and who are willing to risk subjecting themselves to the political and social pressures of serving under Trump.

But regardless, I don’t think Trump is burdened by high standards of competence and ethics. He mostly cares about loyalty. Why else would he hire Rudy? Not terribly competent. Not all that ethical. I think he was pretty loyal.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    There’s a competence issue. Being ethical and being competent would be the ideal. Can’t always get both. I’m not suggesting that Trump should hire unethical people. I’m saying that it’s hard enough to find competent people, and ethical people, and who are willing to risk subjecting themselves to the political and social pressures of serving under Trump.

But regardless, I don’t think Trump is burdened by high standards of competence and ethics. He mostly cares about loyalty. Why else would he hire Rudy? Not terribly competent. Not all that ethical. I think he was pretty loyal.
    Loyalty goes a long way with Trump especially when they take a fall for him.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    i say if your not gonna reboot the government then put trump back in, at least the gas prices was great, empolyment was up, the world feared the usa again, north korea opened its borders to the usa and iran was silent. put him back in and see what flys!
    No, no! We're supposed to replace the demonstrably effective with something that might be better!

Sergey Gorshkov is often associated with the phrase "'Better' is the enemy of 'Good Enough'" ("Лучшее - враг хорошего") which is reputed to have hung on the wall of his office as a motto. Similar sentiments have been attributed to Clausewitz and Voltaire.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    At least before they had a .org from which to signal their virtue. Did they retire Lincoln project?

The FAP (fat ass pussbag) can mix it up, and I think that will make the debate stage entertaining. I still think Trump should circulate a photo of the FAP standing behind Trump with his brown nose glistening from Trump ****ting on him. Treeting him like the stooge he is.
    I'm not sold, but the concept of most of the unlikely candidates being lavishly supported solely to damage Trump with some particular faction of his base is compelling

I wish it was someone other than Navarro putting it forward

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Au contraire, he was demonstrably quite competent as mayor of NYC for '94 to 2001 - and that competence would be just as useful today with respect to getting control of crime-ridden cities

If he was younger and still sharp, I'd put him in charge of the FBI

Again with the 'what has he done for me lately' standard when it is someone you don't like. A person's record is the totality of accomplishments over their lifetime so far

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Should Trump's running mate choice be a woman? Kari Lake's name is being floated out there, but this article says it probably wouldn't fly because she's too much like Trump. If not Lake then who would be a suitable choice for female VP? Is there one out there?

Maybe Lake would be a good choice for WH press secretary SPOX because of her media background.

"Allen cited anonymous sources familiar with Trump’s plans and claimed that one key consideration in choosing a new running mate will be whether they outshine him or not."

"Referencing Lake, who lost the Arizona election despite being an unquestionably talented orator, Allen said that the former president believes she may take the attention from him during her time in the White House and would be angling for the top job the moment he is inaugurated."

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'd say go with someone who is dyed in the wool AF and too young to seriously consider running himself/herself to minimize distractions. I like the VP as attack dog model, so maybe Devin Nunes or Jim Jordan

I'd have Kari as head of the FCC

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom