Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    While that may be true in the end I believe that Trump said he would leave it up to the governors and I don't recall lockdowns being a federal mandate under Trump's administration.
    It wasn’t a federal mandate. It was recommended by the pandemic response apparatus in the administration Trump was the head of.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Hmmm. She didn’t say anything until her book in 2019. No evidence except her performance in front of a liberal Trump hating jury in NY. Nothing to see here. Guilty and has to pay $5 million. The woman will all be lining up now. Just get in a liberal city and your gold.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Hmmm. She didn’t say anything until her book in 2019. No evidence except her performance in front of a liberal Trump hating jury in NY. Nothing to see here. Guilty and has to pay $5 million. The woman will all be lining up now. Just get in a liberal city and your gold.
    Another shady thing about this is the statute of limitations ran out since all of the sexual misconduct allegations were to have taken place many years ago but NY passed a law recently that was signed by governor Kathy Houchil to extend the statute of limitations for one year from the signing of the bill which allows adult survivors of sexual abuse to sue their alleged attacker regardless of the statute of limitations.

So it paved the way that allowed for an added battery charge to be brought in this case.

It's pretty obvious that this was mainly done by the NY legislature and Kathy Houchil to work around the statute of limitations so that E. Jean Carroll could have a crack at Trump after the original statute of limitations had long expired. They knew the odds would be pretty high to get a judgement against Trump from a NY jury.

Thier plan apparently worked for now.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I mean, let's not cash the check yet. I'm sure Trump will appeal.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    A guy like that becomes a politician, old statements come to haunt. When he said grab them by the *****, doubtful he knew how expensive it was.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    A guy like that becomes a politician, old statements come to haunt. When he said grab them by the *****, doubtful he knew how expensive it was.
    Those kind of comments and the attitude toward women back then will always haunt him. I think there were no moral guardrails that guided Trump preventing him from potentially having his way with women based on his attitude because he was a "star." So I would say that it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility that he may have crossed the line with a woman just like that horn dog Clinton did. Not necessarily saying he did in this case but it is not out of the realm either.

He also bragged about trying to have an affair with a married woman.

"I moved on her and I failed. I’ll admit it," Trump said.

"I did try and f--- her. She was married," he can be heard saying.

"I moved on her like a b----, but I couldn’t get there. And she was married."

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    When I see this kind of establishment vitriol against other republican candidates, I will take them more seriously as America First candidates…

“Former Rep. Liz Cheney made it her mission to take down former and potentially future President Donald Trump, so much so that she let it become an obsession that distracted from other work. She not only lost her role as House Conference Chair in May 2021, she went on to lose her primary last August to her successor, current Rep. Harriet Hageman (R-WY) by nearly 40 points. Cheney is back, though, as her group, the Great Task PAC released a 60-second ad in New Hampshire against Trump.”

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    When I see this kind of establishment vitriol against other republican candidates, I will take them more seriously as America First candidates…

“Former Rep. Liz Cheney made it her mission to take down former and potentially future President Donald Trump, so much so that she let it become an obsession that distracted from other work. She not only lost her role as House Conference Chair in May 2021, she went on to lose her primary last August to her successor, current Rep. Harriet Hageman (R-WY) by nearly 40 points. Cheney is back, though, as her group, the Great Task PAC released a 60-second ad in New Hampshire against Trump.”

You are assuming that policy is the only reason they are so against him.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You are assuming that policy is the only reason they are so against him.
    Yes, and accurately so. She is a hog at the the DC military/industrial swamp, Trump, AF, and limiting foreign wars threaten her graft.

I guarantee she would out perform Kamala on Trump if he was a warmonger…

“It’s not personal, strictly business.”

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

The great task PAC? :):

What’s the great task, to lose? Well check that one off.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Trump did us no favors with this pick. If he gets another chance, let’s hope he chooses better.

Let me paraphrase: "I sat by someone who had a respiratory virus. So I pulled out my magic talisman, said the prescribed incantation, and ceremoniously donned the magic cloth. I am safe now. I have faith. No virus can penetrate the mask now. "

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Trump did us no favors with this pick. If he gets another chance, let’s hope he chooses better.

It really is sad some of the picks Trump made but perspective is also in order. As an outsider coming in Trump had an enormous problem of just filling out the team, much less governing.

“According to the United States Office of Government Ethics, a political appointee is "any employee who is appointed by the President, the Vice President, or agency head". As of 2016, there were around 4,000 political appointment positions which an incoming administration needs to review, and fill or confirm, of which about 1,200 require Senate confirmation.”

If one is of the swamp the swamp sends the appointees but an outsider has to farm out some of that or use the whole term just getting a staff. I did not appreciate that back in 2017. I suspect Trump prioritized those he needed to legislate and let the swamp (RNC) handle the rest at the beginning.

Who the hell ever thought that the nerds that head CDC, NIH, etc. would all become so powerful? Most people could not name a singe predecessor. I suspect these positions were low on the priority list…

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    So basically, Nicole Wallace called Trump supporters "The worst elements of our society" Go sit and spin on it NW. They've gone from describing Trump supporters as "Deplorables" "White supremacists" "Insurrectionists" "Mega MAGAs" and now "The worst elements of our society." FU and your pejoratives.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom