• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    In the first 3:45 minute segment of this YT podcast clip Ben Shapiro makes a strong argument on the many reasons why that even though he would've preferred to vote for DeSantis and Trump wasn't his first choice he is not only voting for him, but he will also be participating in a fundraiser to support Trump.

His reasoning also coincides with many others including those that have a personal disliking of Trump but would agree with the points that Shapiro makes in favor of voting for him. This is also my reasoning.

Last edited:

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    In the first 3:45 minutes of this YT podcast clip Ben Shapiro makes a strong argument on the many reasons why that even though he would've preferred to vote for DeSantis and Trump wasn't his first choice he is not only voting for him, but he will also be participating in a fundraiser to support Trump.

His reasoning also coincides with many others including those that have a personal disliking of Trump but would agree with the points that Shapiro makes in favor of voting for him.
    If the argument is that Republicans need to play team ball, then for sure. Too many Republicans think so highly of themself or demand such an ideological match to themselves that they think they are compromising by voting for the Republican. The media loves to throw gas on Republican infighting and will give a mic to Gaetz every time he wants to sink a good Speaker. If we kept to the message of the border, crime, inflation, energy, etc., and not the stupid stuff... Ohh my...

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Wade tendered his resignation in a letter to DA Willis and Willis responded by complimenting Wade when she accepted it. They both act like they are upstanding noble individuals when they are anything but. Sickening.

"Wade offered his resignation in a letter to Willis, saying he was doing so “in the interest of democracy, in dedication to the American public and to move this case forward as quickly as possible."

“I am sure that the case, and the team, will be in good hands moving forward and justice will be served," Wade wrote.

"Willis complimented Wade's “professionalism and dignity" in a letter accepting his resignation, effective immediately. She said he had endured threats against himself and his family, as well as “unjustified attacks” in the media and in court on his reputation as a lawyer."

“I will always remember — and will remind everyone — that you were brave enough to step forward and take on the investigation and prosecution of the allegations that the defendants in this case engaged in a conspiracy to overturn Georgia's 2020 Presidential Election,” Willis wrote.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If the argument is that Republicans need to play team ball, then for sure. Too many Republicans think so highly of themself or demand such an ideological match to themselves that they think they are compromising by voting for the Republican. The media loves to throw gas on Republican infighting and will give a mic to Gaetz every time he wants to sink a good Speaker. If we kept to the message of the border, crime, inflation, energy, etc., and not the stupid stuff... Ohh my...
    But some Republicans act so much like Democrats if that were the only choice, why vote for the Republican if you’re going to get democrat policy.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    But some Republicans act so much like Democrats if that were the only choice, why vote for the Republican if you’re going to get democrat policy.
    To allow republican control of Speaker of the House and Majority Leader of the Senate, thus enhancing control of what legislation makes it to the floor of those bodies. It is always better to block bat**** legislation than try to round up 60 votes to repeal it

You're only really in trouble when the RINOs outnumber the real republican/conservatves or your majority is so small that Romneys actually become able to
    exercise any power whatsoever

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I’m not gonna quibble over “real republican” because to me it’s about outcomes. Is Johnson a “real republican”? What’s the outcome of that choice for speaker?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I’m not gonna quibble over “real republican” because to me it’s about outcomes. Is Johnson a “real republican”? What’s the outcome of that choice for speaker?
    At this point, disappointment - but certainly no worse than sticking with McCarthy - especially as evidenced by his wheeling and dealing to shiv candidates to succeed him and try to set up a grand comeback for himself

Unfortunately, usually the best people who could be allowed to hold power don't want it; and the Chip Roys of the world would have to actually deliver, day in and day out, rather than just be a back bencher. It's easier to just ***** about the other guy

Who do you think would have the ****s to shut the government down in order to demand meaningful changes at the border, and how quickly would INGO be leveling the same criticisms they do about abortion restrictions

Go into battle as if you/your career is already dead, then nothing but the fight itself will weigh on your mind. Even at that level, we are controlled by the things we are unwilling to lose

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    At this point, disappointment - but certainly no worse than sticking with McCarthy - especially as evidenced by his wheeling and dealing to shiv candidates to succeed him and try to set up a grand comeback for himself

Unfortunately, usually the best people who could be allowed to hold power don't want it; and the Chip Roys of the world would have to actually deliver, day in and day out, rather than just be a back bencher. It's easier to just ***** about the other guy
    All the move on McCarthy accomplished was to give the gavel to his younger twin, and neuter the one-person veto. Given there’s not a lot of difference, to me the disappointment is that the freedom caucus spent its political capital on that.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Here's an interesting Georgia code that I've seen brought up in which the defense can use it to file an affidavit with the court that would compel the judge to make a referral to the AG of alleged indictable conduct on the part of DA Willis and Wade.

The judge actually said that there was an "odor of mendacity." wafting about the court suggesting that he believes someone isn't being truthful under oath which is certainly an indictable offense. (Felony)

Georgia Code Title 15. Courts § 15-18-27​

Current as of April 14, 2021 | Updated by FindLaw Staff

(a) When any person makes an affidavit before a judge of the superior court which alleges that the district attorney or a member of the staff of the district attorney has committed an indictable offense and the court finds that there is probable cause to believe that the accused has committed the alleged offense...it shall be the duty of the court to notify the Attorney General as provided in Code Section 15-18-5.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The GOP now has a real slim majority. Not real sure what policy gains we got with Johnson.
    He took a few months more to roll over than McCarthy was intending to

And the representatives petulantly quitting and shrinking that majority are not exactly candidates for the freedom caucus. It's RINOs taking their ball and going home

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    He took a few months more to roll over than McCarthy was intending to

And the representatives petulantly quitting and shrinking that majority are not exactly candidates for the freedom caucus. It's RINOs taking their ball and going home
    Doesn’t matter who they are if you don’t have the majority. You don’t win Ca/Ny house seats with hard line conservatives. You get Pelosi’s replacement without them.

Qwerty357

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2023
    Pittsboro
    Breaking out the popcorn for this thread. ✌

I understand how red blooded Americans vote for Trump even if you don’t love his personality. I did. Better than the other option by a wide delta; HOWEVER it does strike me as odd that he is the best person we could select in the country to represent the conservative voter.

He has guts. He endured so much garbage and still led the country with the world on his back. He has my respect for that for sure.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Doesn’t matter who they are if you don’t have the majority. You don’t win Ca/Ny house seats with hard line conservatives. You get Pelosi’s replacement without them.
    You also don't increase your majority by electing people who lack the guts to make a stand, either

I wonder if the rats in such a hurry to jump overboard aren't beginning to conclude Trump will be 47 and want to get in one last sell-out for a private sector sinecure before the rules change

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    You also don't increase your majority by electing people who lack the guts to make a stand, either

I wonder if the rats in such a hurry to jump overboard aren't beginning to conclude Trump will be 47 and want to get in one last sell-out for a private sector sinecure before the rules change
    You honestly think Congress is going to pass a bill like that? I sure don't. It isn't something he can do with an EO

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

RNC going to officially try ballot harvesting.
    Possibly other tricks of the Democrat party as well. We will see if this helps.
    However, if Republican states haven't made decent laws fixing vote fraud I see 2020 happening again.
    Also need to make harsh prison sentences for those caught rigging the election, and committing vote fraud.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel

RNC going to officially try ballot harvesting.
    Possibly other tricks of the Democrat party as well. We will see if this helps.
    However, if Republican states haven't made decent laws fixing vote fraud I see 2020 happening again.
    Also need to make harsh prison sentences for those caught rigging the election, and committing vote fraud.
    Generally speaking, getting more votes is going to help. Get out the vote initiatives are helpful. We should be at every church, gun show, rural county fair, etc. to get every vote in the box. This is how you win. I feel bad for the poor bastard sitting outside the gun show having the tin foil hat fellas lecture him on how they know more and how those votes somehow don’t count- but we need votes.

Top Bottom