• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zcsmith464

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Noblesville
    I am a little surprised to see all the buckshot being bought up just like the rifle and handgun ammo. I know people are in a panic but this wasn’t expected. Has anyone had any luck finding buckshot either online or in store in central Indiana that is not completely unreasonably priced? Using it to take down some coyotes.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    I am a little surprised to see all the buckshot being bought up just like the rifle and handgun ammo. I know people are in a panic but this wasn’t expected. Has anyone had any luck finding buckshot either online or in store in central Indiana that is not completely unreasonably priced? Using it to take down some coyotes.

found some 20 gauge at walmart

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I remember back in March picking up a few boxes of turkey load #4 shot. It was on sale and there was no 12 gauge 00 or 000 in the store.

The last time I was in Cabela’s in Noblesville not that long ago, there wasn’t a round of ammunition I could shoot in any of my guns.

zcsmith464

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Noblesville
    I remember back in March picking up a few boxes of turkey load #4 shot. It was on sale and there was no 12 gauge 00 or 000 in the store.

The last time I was in Cabela’s in Noblesville not that long ago, there wasn’t a round of ammunition I could shoot in any of my guns.

I was in Cabela's in Noblesville on Tuesday evening and all the ammo was slim as was their inventory of firearms. All my go to websites (Freedom Munitions, Palmetto, etc) seem to be having supply issues. Will see how this plays in the next 6 months.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Anything that is propelled from a long or short barrel is gone/hard to or impossible to find. Especially at a reasonable price.

Yep. Anything "that propels small weights of iron and carbon alloys by igniting a powder of potassium nitrate, charcoal and sulfur" is as easy to find in the store as unicorn farts.

Lt Scott 14

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Porter County
    After the Obummer days, saw the rape of guns and ammo till Trump took over as POTUS. Guns pricing went lean, and ammo aplenty.

Wifey use to give me the "look" when i loaded up another 50 cal ammo box with new stock, then I let it go till I couldn't fit anymore boxes under my bed.

She decided to buy new mattress, box spring, and when she moved the older mattress, she remarked"OMG, what war are we going to?" She said"Get it in a secured lockbox, safe or whatever!" I Did.

It took over a year to see 22LR ammo return. Those cheap rounds were 25-30$, for 550, were $100. I cleaned and stored my firearms till it came back. Prices dropped, Scalpers were trying to dump their ammo stock, I refused to pay that.

Sorry to say, but it is grim out there. I have seen guns coming into LGS, prices nutso of course.
    If you want to practice, get whatever you find, be diligent to store a little for a rainy day. Maybe attend an INGO Shoot day and a couple guys may swap a few 00 buck rounds, for some current centerfire pistol rounds. Good luck.

Sorry you are behind the availability curve OP. Most outlets have basic shotgun shells in like 7.5 or ? Rabbit shot basically. Your more tactical offers are....well.....gone.

Last edited:

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Might be a haul, but our local (Jeffersonville)RK had a boat load of buck shot...

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    Rural King, and Dunham’s both had Wolf 00, but I couldn’t bring myself the pay their prices. $11.99, and $13.99 respectively.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Rural King, and Dunham’s both had Wolf 00, but I couldn’t bring myself the pay their prices. $11.99, and $13.99 respectively.

It hurts to pay it, but I'd strongly recommend you buy it if you think you will need it in the next couple years.

Getting ripped off is better than not having what you need when you need it.

Top Bottom