• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    When I travel I carry my EDC pistol and a extra mag. If I thought I would need more I would just stay home in my bunker.
    Going to a big city where a riot can pop up out of nowhere for any reason at any time I prefer to be armed well. If your skin is the wrong color, or you have a bumper sticker or are wearing a hat the rioters don't like you will be targeted that has been proven.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Going to a big city where a riot can pop up out of nowhere for any reason at any time I prefer to be armed well. If your skin is the wrong color, or you have a bumper sticker or are wearing a hat the rioters don't like you will be targeted that has been proven.
    Like CM said, go around Atlanta. :cool:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Like CM said, go around Atlanta. :cool:
    No thanks! Cincinnati is bad enough for me.

I had my mother downtown Cincinnati to see her cancer Dr. Back when they had their riots. Didn't know they were going on. Luckily a local Leo after explaining what was going on he lead me safely to the Dr office and told me how to safely get out of town afterwards. I got his name and badge number called in and complemented him on a great job.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Its the world we live in today. Having a large amount of cash on you is suspicious. Im not saying its illegal or that its right.

If for some reason you did use an sks. I imagine carrying that number of firearms would help an opposing attorney to make you look as if you were looking for trouble.

Just food for thought. I trust in my edc, its not perfect but id be carrying it and extra mags.

I do not know, but you may have missed the point of no "due process".

jwleeper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I agree with posts above about the problem of explaining all the firearms to the gestapo. The times have changed and we do not have our rights and laws being respected in our country any more. CCW should work and be very careful of your surroundings.
    Have a great day.
    Jim

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I very rarely carry more than my sidearm of choice that day and an extra mag or speed loader. But depends on where you're going and what you're doing.
    For backcountry camping I can see how your loadout would be sufficient/not overkill.
    For just a "normal" vacation I think it's on the edge of being too much.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    Might be overkill on the handguns, two oughta do. I would find a way to turn that SKS into a modern sporting rifle.

If you need a rifle, you REALLY need a rifle. That need likely won't be shooting at you with an SKS...
    In all our travels we carry a semi auto rifle, a couple hand guns and a get home pack ( a pack per person ).
    Personally don't give a **** whether it's legal in each state or not.
    Maryland for example my CCP is invalid, we just don't stop there.

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    Sidearm and an ak/ar pistol for everyone that can wield one on their own. Compact/light(ish) and easy to conceal in your luggage so your hotel rooms are well protected. A combat load out for each (210rds) in mags and ready to go. Packing light is a thing of the past with what we’re experiencing in this country currently.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Don't have political bumper stickers. If you are wearing clothing that could be offensive. Remove it or turn it inside out.

Blend, dont peacock all over the place.

The way folks are jumping on the train to be loaded down like Neo from the matrix. It makes me feel like we are dangerously close to recreating the legendary mall ninja thread.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    As far as firearms unless your visiting Portland or the like (and by visiting more than driving through) your probably carrying way too much hardware but you do you.
    For me, I have usually 2 handguns (one for the spouse). I rarely carry a rifle unless I'm foing ro or teaching a rifle training event. When I travel out of town, For me I'm more concerned with a wreck (where vehiche is undrivable) or vehicle breakdown. In which case I don't want that much BS to carry if I have to hoof it or get a ride by LE to a rental place!

And as a retired guy I just carry in case I need to get out of trouble but that's just me!

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    In all our travels we carry a semi auto rifle, a couple hand guns and a get home pack ( a pack per person ).
    Personally don't give a **** whether it's legal in each state or not.
    Maryland for example my CCP is invalid, we just don't stop there.
    Yeah don't go to IL and study the CC reciprocity map well before you travel. You may not care whether it's legal but a prosecutor will.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...The way folks are jumping on the train to be loaded down like Neo from the matrix. It makes me feel like we are dangerously close to recreating the legendary mall ninja thread.
    You could always review the numerous threads about being situationally aware?

Maybe look into all the riots just last year durring the lockdowns?

:koolaid:

1617282598405.png
    This didn't really happen, right? If you don't know what or where it is, might want to study up a bit?

These fine folks are still out there, not only unaccountable for their crimes, they are embolden.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    I don't know about you but I make a point of AVOIDING places where I think I might need that much hardware on or around my person in a combative sense. If I can't trust my EDC and a spare mag to get me out of a bad situation then I've made some terrible choices on where I am. The scenarios posted above were easily avoidable if one were paying attention to their surroundings.

If driving through cities on interstates or bypasses has you hot and bothered then drive around them. You're at higher risk of dealing with an overzealous cop or having your vehicle broken into than you are of needing that much iron.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    CM is right driving around the big “A” will save some pain.
    Know the big cities you travel around some of them can be fine during the day then turn Mogadishu at night.
    Others are no go zones like East St. Louis,IL which are dangerous at all times.
    BTW
    If you think Indy is a driving/traffic problem take on Atlanta!

Top Bottom