• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    My family and I are traveling out of town, I know my LTCH is good in all the states we're going to/through. My question is, I'm taking 3 handguns, and a rifle, is that enough?, or too much, plus my son will be taking 2 handguns....as an aside, my wife asked me why I'm taking a rifle......I said..... zombie apocalypse, and we're driving through Atlanta......

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    My family and I are traveling out of town, I know my LTCH is good in all the states we're going to/through. My question is, I'm taking 3 handguns, and a rifle, is that enough?, or too much, plus my son will be taking 2 handguns....as an aside, my wife asked me why I'm taking a rifle......I said..... zombie apocalypse, and we're driving through Atlanta......

Less HG's and more rifle mags.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    When I go to the VA I pack my CZ P10F 2 extra mags, my new 556 pistol in trunk with 6 mags. Of course I have to leave the CZ in the car when I go in but I have those just in case.

It would not hurt to have a handgun per person and a few rifles if traveling a long distance from home.

Them pesky zombies and all.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Might be overkill on the handguns, two oughta do. I would find a way to turn that SKS into a modern sporting rifle.

If you need a rifle, you REALLY need a rifle. That need likely won't be shooting at you with an SKS...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Drive "AROUND" Atlanta.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Might be overkill on the handguns, two oughta do. I would find a way to turn that SKS into a modern sporting rifle.

If you need a rifle, you REALLY need a rifle. That need likely won't be shooting at you with an SKS...

4bc17f3a44dc6cbe38071be38f424c1e.jpg

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I think it's way overkill as long as you keep your situational awareness up.

One hg and one or two extra mags will be plenty.

That's about where I'm at. I'd like to travel with an AR, but to be honest, it's a pain in the ass to deal with on vacations where I'd have to leave it somewhere most of the time (likely in the vehicle and we all know how INGO flips out about that).

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Are you John Dillinger?

The odds of getting pulled over and having your car searched are probably a lot higher than actually needing 5 pistols and an sks. Im guessing its legal to carry all them as you said you have researched it but explaining why you're traveling across the country with all that during the current political climate is probably going to be a tough sell.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Are you John Dillinger?

The odds of getting pulled over and having your car searched are probably a lot higher than actually needing 5 pistols and an sks. Im guessing its legal to carry all them as you said you have researched it but explaining why you're traveling across the country with all that during the current political climate is probably going to be a tough sell.
    Surely you don't mean guilty until proven innocent do you?

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Surely you don't mean guilty until proven innocent do you?
    Its the world we live in today. Having a large amount of cash on you is suspicious. Im not saying its illegal or that its right.

If for some reason you did use an sks. I imagine carrying that number of firearms would help an opposing attorney to make you look as if you were looking for trouble.

Just food for thought. I trust in my edc, its not perfect but id be carrying it and extra mags.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Its the world we live in today. Having a large amount of cash on you is suspicious. Im not saying its illegal or that its right.

If for some reason you did use an sks. I imagine carrying that number of firearms would help an opposing attorney to make you look as if you were looking for trouble.

Just food for thought. I trust in my edc, its not perfect but id be carrying it and extra mags.
    I agree. However, I usually have everyone armed with a handgun that can be when I travel and a rifle. Why I said one handgun per person and a rifle above. A family that packs together defends together.

Top Bottom