• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    I wish they would come to my neighborhood i have a gas grill they could acquire....guess ill tear it apart and sit it out and hope it disappears.

I'll come and get it ,,, if it includes the propane tank. :D

Town I used to live in had the semi annual heavy trash days too, and it was like the whole town was out trolling for treasure. Funny part about it was, the local cop spent the entire night pulling the treasure seekers over and writing tickets. Seems that once you put the trash out by the street, it becomes city property, and you could be ticketed for "theft of city property" if you took it, even if it was your trash, and you just went out to the street and brought it back to the house. :dunno:

Farmritch

Expert
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    OC
    I have a friend who if he wants to get rid of something big he sets it in his front yard with a for sale sign on it ........
    By morning someone usually steals it
    He's gotten rid of fridges, stoves and all kinds of stuff that way

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Okay I was not griping in my original post. But I will GRIPE about this...

Since the city changed to contract trash company, our current trash truck 'paints' our street with the worst toxic waste sludge as it goes from house to house. My wife always takes the hose and cleans the street. It's what I would expect in Mexico or something. Really nasty.

What can be done?

I will try to take some video of it today to prove my point.

call the local EPA office

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    Being a good at fixing things, I sometimes find mowers, weedeaters, powerwashers, even found a complete dining room set setting by the curb. I pick things up take em home and fix em. Sold the dining room set for $100.00, got a $400.00 powerwasher for $160.00. I go to new home construction sites and ask to go thru the roll off looking for pieces of oak trim, cedar, and other stuff I can use. I'm a Dumpster Diver for sure!

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    Around here we have a "city clean-up" when the contracted waste removal company will take couches and anything else you can fit on the curb. There are pick-ups and SUV's all over the place, picking through the treasures. This year I saw some ridiculous people... Around 3 a.m. there was a woman with a Durango that had junk everywhere, and she wasn't done. I drove past about a half hour later and there were things strapped to the hood, roof, and piled from the floor boards to the roof. She even walked up to the garage to claim a mattress! I find some of the people ridiculous...but it is cheap entertainment.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    More reason to shread important papers with important information on them. We too have folks that do this....I don't mind.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Exactly the reason that EVERY piece of mail, or important paper at my house goes into a separate trashcan, and is taken by me personally and burned in a crematory....... yes, a crematory. (I have connections ;) )

NOTHING left but dust when that thing is through with it.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Where I live...if you have an old kitchen set, lawnmower, couch....whatever.
    you just put it out by the road and everyone around here knows it's FREE!
    I got a few things I needed too. No one goes through the garbage containers but if you put other things out....if they can use it they take it.
    Which is okay with me...sometimes you no longer have use for some stuff...but it still may be good and you hate to throw it away.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    It can be surprising what some people throw out. I had never picked up anything before, but one day I was driving on business in a rich subdivision. There sat in the trash a brass floor lamp. I grabbed it and threw it in the car real quick, feeling very self conscious. All it needed was the socket replaced. The wife was very happy with it.

Top Bottom