• ...and so much more!
  • mike4sigs

Master
    Rating - 94.4%
    34   2   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Southern Adams County
    I Agree with semperFi !
    However to croos the line back to Technically if a person was to put it on there belt and carry it on the range then i think this might be another issue of possesion!

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    On a related note: I don't think infringed means what it used to mean.

(I personally like the original definition better.) :cool:

Agree 100%. Repped for link.

Gun control proponents are constantly seeking to redefine the terms to justify infringements on the right to keep and bear arms. Having successfully demonized the word militia (or knowing that it had fallen into disuse), they have expended a great deal of intellectual energy redefining "well regulated" using the 20th century connotation of "regulate". They sometimes even try to redefine "bear" and "arms".
    They didn't stop there. By pushing a different definition of "infringe" through theories such as the "new paradigm", they are attempting to redefine the Right itself.

Contact your state reps to get IC 35-47-2-1a and relevant sections stricken from the code, and most of these points and threads become moot.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Do ranges that rent handguns require a LTCH? If not how is this any different? My wife shoots my handgun all the time, she has yet to get her LTCH. She wanted to be comfortable around them first before getting LTCH.

IIRC, in the post the BOR is talking about where he pretty much broke the law down, he also provided an explanation as to how renting handguns to someone without an LTCH is technically illegal as well.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Put the gun in the case or a bag. Never carry it on you during the trip. If you get stopped by LEO then your buddy with LTCH owns all pistols in the vehicle.;)

That's how I see it but doesn't mean I'm right:D

Depending on how well I knew the "buddy," I'd have a HARD time telling a police officer that a gun (with an unknown background) was mine.

Just sayin....

Top Bottom