• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    I'll go ahead and post my thoughts (by reposting my original grip thread) and then I'll let it go at that. I promise I'll be quiet. You guys feel free to criticize me, I'll still love all of you :)

Here goes:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...get_where_should_my_left_pinky_toe_point.html

EDIT: Sadly, re-reading through that old thread, Paul Gomez made several appearances. I do really regret I never trained with him--what an awesome guy! RIP.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Buddy of mine sent me the actual file that is in this link. I thought this would be helpful and thought I'd pass it on.

Bullseye Pistol technique training targets - Practically Shooting

It might work for Bullseye, I don't know I have never competed in bullseye.
    I'm no expert,and I'm sure some will be along shortly.
    The idea is to keep your sights aligned and on target while you are pressing the trigger. If you master that you will hit what you are aiming at.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    It's not bad as a passive training aid. For someone who hasn't yet gotten to training, or has no interest in it, it can be somewhat useful in giving you an idea as to what your problem may be. It's not always correct, but it's worth the price you'll pay for it.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I felt that my left pinky toe was causing my POI to consistently fall slightly low, so I cut it off.

It was either that or aim for center of mass rather than the 6 oclock hold, which I had been using.

I've since adopted a COM POA for that particular handgun, but honestly, I don't really miss the toe that much.

Hope this helps. :yesway:

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Did not know of the grip thread. Sorry for the dupe.

The grip thread doesn't say the same thing. Hemingway's old thread sort of does. They meant that this will devolve the way the grip thread did. You didn't do anything wrong. This target has been brought up a lot so people are quick to dogpile. You don't learn unless you get out and post things. The idea of passing on potentially useful info to the group is a good one so I appreciate the action even though in this case the info itself is of marginal usefulness.

Top Bottom