Not open for further replies.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    What will be the policy on posting about shows? I don't want to get sideways with anyone. I sometimes will post about local shows just so that others up here are aware of them. There is one small show up in the area that everyone looks forward to, primarily because it is an old fashioned, few if any dealers, type show. I have never had a table there, don't know any of the participants other than that "hey, i talked to you at the last show" type of relationship.

harleymac1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2013
    Morgan County
    I think it is a great idea. If you are gaining financially by being here then you should pay up. Go to any magazine or newspaper and advertise and you are going to pay. Whatever the cost it should be more than the yearly cost that normal, everyday, non business Site Supporters pay for the yearly privilege. My guess would be that they make more than $50 per year off of INGO members who found them here so that sounds like a fair number to me.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    What will be the policy on posting about shows? I don't want to get sideways with anyone. I sometimes will post about local shows just so that others up here are aware of them. There is one small show up in the area that everyone looks forward to, primarily because it is an old fashioned, few if any dealers, type show. I have never had a table there, don't know any of the participants other than that "hey, i talked to you at the last show" type of relationship.
    ^^^^^^This^^^^^^

I’ve posted this before along with firearm and first ad classes.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Whatever advertisers pay is between admin and them. Period. Full Stop.

My only gripe is that in order to advertise you need to be an INGO advertiser.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    2-A,
    BT and myself both look at all of this when we are dealing with members. Being a site supporter does put you in a different light especially with 80 posts in the forum and 350 in the classifieds.
    Or as one of our recently departed said.....the paid into old guys circle jerk club.
    If $20 is going to break you maybe you need to find another hobby/passion.
    I didn't know my $20 got me that perk!

And what otherdave was doing was pretty obvious and shady. It cost money to keep INGO going and if you're making money using INGO, but not chipping in...

And Historian should be paying up for all his advertising work for Dole's pineapple slices and shilling for 'big maraschino'.

texkev

Administrator
    Staff member
    Administrator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2016
    Sanger
    Solicit? Really?
    So you're saying a whole $10 or $20 bucks is too much? Not saying it will be - just feeling this out. Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate all sides to this.

Not sure folks get what's happening to gun forums and ad networks 100% alienating them. What some of the forums out there are going through is tough - zero ad network ads. Things are not as they used to be.Trust me this is streamlining not grabbing a few bucks from a few trainers.

GOALS:
    1) Trainers should have a support tag, best way pay to do it like site supporters, $10 a year - whatever - it makes it easy. Also our nod to these trainers will be more, posting to social media about their events, etc.
    2) Businesses that want to post events, that will be streamlined also. Same, a fee and they can post events as well, etc.

Simple, tidy, etc and trust me this is not about the money, the money is not what many think it probably is. Thanks for that feedback, helpful :)

Also gotten a couple of nice PM's from the trainers, thanks folks.

I'm pretty biased, as I have trained with the most of our long time local trainers. I think that their expertise and contributions have earned them a status to be noted.

IMHO, regardless of just posting in the training forum or any others, our long time local trainers' forum contributions should be encouraged by INGO. There is certainly no need to attempt to solicit any sort of site funding from folks whose forum contributions are already an asset to the site. :twocents:

:ingo:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Solicit? Really?
    So you're saying a whole $10 or $20 bucks is too much?
    I certainly think that's more than fair. Someone is getting their name out to a highly targeted audience for only $20... annually.

I pay that and I don't get any professional benefit.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Solicit? Really?
    So you're saying a whole $10 or $20 bucks is too much? Not saying it will be - just feeling this out. Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate all sides to this.

Not sure folks get what's happening to gun forums and ad networks 100% alienating them. What some of the forums out there are going through is tough - zero ad network ads. Things are not as they used to be.Trust me this is streamlining not grabbing a few bucks from a few trainers.

GOALS:
    1) Trainers should have a support tag, best way pay to do it like site supporters, $10 a year - whatever - it makes it easy. Also our nod to these trainers will be more, posting to social media about their events, etc.
    2) Businesses that want to post events, that will be streamlined also. Same, a fee and they can post events as well, etc.

Simple, tidy, etc and trust me this is not about the money, the money is not what many think it probably is. Thanks for that feedback, helpful :)

Also gotten a couple of nice PM's from the trainers, thanks folks.

I want to be careful how I phrase this. I think most of us want this board to succeed and continue on for years to come. I don't think a lot of people are aware of how much ad revenue has decreased in recent times because of the hatred that google and others have for guns. I hadn't really thought about it much, but the complaints have been all over the internet about how they are trying to deplatform gun people on YouTube. So I am sure having site supporters are more important than they were in the past. That probably needs to be emphasized in some way.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm pretty biased, as I have trained with the most of our long time local trainers. I think that their expertise and contributions have earned them a status to be noted.

IMHO, regardless of just posting in the training forum or any others, our long time local trainers' forum contributions should be encouraged by INGO. There is certainly no need to attempt to solicit any sort of site funding from folks whose forum contributions are already an asset to the site. :twocents:

:ingo:

Assets are measured in many ways.
    Yes I tend to agree but even a simple site supporter badge...???
    JMHO BW and no knock on opinions.

Look at the hours I put in and look at my avatar...:)
    Of course you can argue that I am not an asset......:)

When you see everything Tex has in mind yours might be changed.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    My apologies, if I ruffled feathers. That was not intended. I appreciate the site and especially the management. :ingo:

Guess I spend a little too much time in the Tactics and Training section? :dunno:

texkev

Administrator
    Staff member
    Administrator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2016
    Sanger
    Trust me, nobody is gong to say anything wrong, this helps me a ton, brainstorming is nice and I sure don't expect everyone to see it only my way. I appreciate any and all feedback. I want help here and yes to make this a solid place for years to come. Yes, I heard from 3 large forums owners recently, of course gun, they have no more real revenue. It is a huge mess or some for sure.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I think a yearly fee for the local trainers is fair. I have been a site supporter but it has lapsed and not something I had really even thought about lately. I am fairly busy and will fix that site supporter things shortly.

There are a number of trainers on here that are local and contribute to the discussion and offer advice and such. Classes have always been allowed to be posted in Tactics and Training and that pays off for the trainer and for the clients of that trainer. News flash trainers are not getting rich. There are a number of trainers that have a very low amount of posts that stop in and put a link up about a class and the next time you hear from them it is about the next class. I may not contribute much some could argue but I try to contribute more than that. I also plug INGO at classes I teach and at matches I run.

There are also a few national level trainers that drop by periodically that post classes and post newsletters and info on here but still have a low post count. I think those folks are in a different category as far as contributing.

I tend to stick with the Shooting Sports forum and the Tactics and Training forum because there are plenty of other places that make my head hurt. I wonder how a trainer's plaque would go over when posting about some other political opinion?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I think a yearly fee for the local trainers is fair. I have been a site supporter but it has lapsed and not something I had really even thought about lately. I am fairly busy and will fix that site supporter things shortly.

There are a number of trainers on here that are local and contribute to the discussion and offer advice and such. Classes have always been allowed to be posted in Tactics and Training and that pays off for the trainer and for the clients of that trainer. News flash trainers are not getting rich. There are a number of trainers that have a very low amount of posts that stop in and put a link up about a class and the next time you hear from them it is about the next class. I may not contribute much some could argue but I try to contribute more than that. I also plug INGO at classes I teach and at matches I run.

There are also a few national level trainers that drop by periodically that post classes and post newsletters and info on here but still have a low post count. I think those folks are in a different category as far as contributing.

I tend to stick with the Shooting Sports forum and the Tactics and Training forum because there are plenty of other places that make my head hurt. I wonder how a trainer's plaque would go over when posting about some other political opinion?

I would disagree. You arent a post whore, but what you do post is typically quality. You are probably one of the few of us above 50 QUALITY posts.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    speeeling

The change is simple really once setup, non-invasive and streams-lines it all. It's not a dig on anyone for any reason at all. Really it was this whole show business that really brought it up (6+ users involved). Helps with modding, etc.
    I have no dog in this gun show business. I do not set up at any show and never have. Now, I will watch tables for guys that trust me to while they grab a smoke or drop off some toilet taters. I've probably been going to gun shows longer than some folks here have been alive. (now that is mildly depressing). I am fairly sure who these 6+ users are. I always saw these "banner ads" as a sort of public service. That said, if someone posts, "gun show this weekend at Stout Field", the next posts invariably will be---Where at? what times? who is putting it on? do they dis-arm you? Maybe the gun show posts looked a little to professional. But they answered most questions. Now, having said all that, I am familiar with OtherDave, he can be somewhat abrasive, and blunt. However, in his defense, I haven't seen him at any gun show for at least a year. I was under the impression it was health issues.
    Basically I'm thinking gun show promoters, dealers, and patrons are on our side. Now, I know someone is going to say something about my classified ads. That's ok. I hope you never find yourself selling for widows.

Last edited:

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I think texkev and Churchmouse are on the right track. Members who use this site to primarily make money should be at least Site Supporters.
    For those representing "show promoters", paying an annual advertising fee is appropriate. I don't see why guys like otherwally could not ask the promoter to reemburse them for the advertising fee. The fees are nominal, compared to how much they make off of members of INGO.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom