I saw that on the news this morning, they said a stay bullet. Sad

Balinor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    sad very sad
    some just will never understand "THEY" are
    responsible for the bullet no matter where it goes.

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    wow i cant find any words other than stupidity.make sure you know where and how far the bullet possibly can go.sad sad day for that family

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Late last night the Herald-Times was reporting it was a stray bullet, the story has since been rewritten and reads as follows;

MIDLAND — Sheriff’s deputies are this morning searching for a suspect in the Sunday shooting death of a toddler in Greene County.
    The 14-month-old boy was shot outside his father’s home in Midland about 8 p.m. He was pronounced dead at Greene County General Hospital in Linton about 9:30 p.m.. county coroner Brian Gainey said.
    The child died of a gunshot wound to the head, Gainey said. An autopsy will be performed at 10 a.m. today at Regional Hospital in Terre Haute.
    Gainey said this morning it is too soon to know if the bullet that killed the boy was a “stray bullet.” He takes issue with a story in today’s Herald-Times that mentions that possibility.
    Gainey said the gun involved was a “smaller caliber” weapon.
    More details will become available as the Greene County Sheriff’s Department’s investigation continues.

Either way, it's terrible!

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Very unfortunate event....... but looks like no one really knows what happened...

MIDLAND — A 14-month-old boy suffered a fatal gunshot while being pushed in a stroller by his father in this western Indiana rural town.

Greene County Sheriff Terry Pierce said investigators haven’t determined yet whether Sunday night’s shooting of Travis Bohannon in Midland was accidental.

Pierce said the boy’s father, Ronald Bohannon, was walking the toddler with another child about 8 p.m. when he heard the shot and Travis was hit.

Pierce said investigators have no suspects.

A neighbor of Ronald Bohannon said he has heard gunshots in the middle of the night lately. The sheriff said the rural area about 25 miles southeast of Terre Haute was frequented by hunters.

Detectives at midday today were using metal detectors as they searched a wooded area near the shooting scene.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    When does squirrel season start? Someone jump the gun and not have a good backstop?

Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Respondsibility can extend 2000 yards. That's why one shouldn't be shooting without knowing what lies out there out of sight.

My prayers go out to the family.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Call me a skeptic but I just ain't buying into this! Something just isn't right here. Something is really stinking with the story. Walking down the road pushing a stroller and a baby gets shot in the head? Come on!! Possible? Sure- but highly unlikely. There is something more to this IMO.

RCB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Near Bedford
    That is so terrible, it's really beyond words.

I HATE seeing things like that. It's just terrible. I will have to pay attention to see what more they find out. Sometimes just because a person had a warrant, they assume the worse. However if he did actually murder his own son... well I don't think much needs to be expressed there that most wouldn't guess anyhow.

As some of you know, I am very aware of stray bullets. A funny (in a relieved way) thing we discovered when replacing drywall several years ago was a bullet in one of our interior wall. We then began looking at the parallel outer wall. Sure enough there was a whole that went through vinyl siding, insulation and drywall. The hole was about seven feet up, so we wouldn't have been hit unless we were walking around in stilts... but if it had been lower and if someone was home at the time... Fun things about living in the country.

Top Bottom