• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    1. When the sign says "Speed Limit," it means the minimum speed you should be traveling. While the speed which might get you pulled over by the police will be 15 MPH to 30 MPH above the posted limit, driving the posted speed does not mean you won't be endangered by those frustrated by your slow driving. They will frequently pass on the left when there are double yellow lines or the right if there is not a lane, but the shoulder "might" be wide enough.

2. Yellow Lights mean keep going no matter how far you are from the intersection.

3. Red Lights mean the next three vehicles will go through the intersection; four if somebody is in a hurry.

4. Left Turn Only and Right Turn Only lanes are often used to get ahead of and cut off vehicles in the lane that is going straight.

Any others?

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    There is only one guarantee in life, and that is that EVERY day, As I drive to and from work from Clarksville to sellersburg along 31, there must be someone in front of me that insists on doing 10-15 mph under the speed limit. Every. Single. Damn. Day!!!
    By chance do they have a handicap plate? I am very much in gas saver mode most all the time( doing speed limits with cruise control on) and i also keep somehow coming to be behind handicap people that do 50 to 45 on a 55mph road. It also drives me crazy how these same people drive under the speed limit on the highway but then when speed limit drops to 35mph in town.. they decide to speed up....it's baffling how those that think it's safer to travel at slower speeds

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    By chance do they have a handicap plate? I am very much in gas saver mode most all the time( doing speed limits with cruise control on) and i also keep somehow coming to be behind handicap people that do 50 to 45 on a 55mph road. It also drives me crazy how these same people drive under the speed limit on the highway but then when speed limit drops to 35mph in town.. they decide to speed up....it's baffling how those that think it's safer to travel at slower speeds
    I see that all the time. People drive 37-40 in the 45, then we turn on the 30 mph road and they drive 37-40.

I also see people driving in the left lane because it is easier to drive there and be on the phone or just zone out.

Ever notice how when you start to pass the car you are passing speeds up, often just because they sense your presence and subconsciously increase their speed.

On the highway they put on their cruise control, gain and begin to pass then the vehicle being passed speeds up, and they ride side by side and no one can get by.

Last edited:

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    Are all of you talking about the traffic in Nashville Tn? lol Sure sounds like it. I don't have enough middle fingers to be driving there anymore. But one of the main things that really angered me there was the constant tapping of the breaks to maintain a no more and no less than going 10 miles under the limit.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    When sitting at a light and the flashing yellow left turn arrow appears, sit there and look confused even when there is no oncoming traffic. As soon as the light turns solid yellow (left arrow) Quickly accelerate through the intersection, leaving everyone behind you fuming because you were too stupid to understand what you were supposed to do. (and they are now stuck through another entire light cycle) :xmad:

Sorry DOT, if you thought people were too stupid to understand that absent signage to the contrary, you may make a left turn if there is no one to yield to, why in the HELL did you make it more confusing for them? I find FAAAAAAAR more folks that dont understand the new signals than before.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    A newer development is so many run Waze, when they are alerted to police presence they slow but those that don’t know try to keep speeding at 25 over creating a jam up.
    I used radar detector back in the day and years back the waze app. More trouble for them than it's worth messing with. I'll admit that i travel the left lane on us30 between Plymouth to usally valpo only because the right lane is rough as hell. I'm using cruise control but normally not in gas saver mode doing 70mph unless the right lane is good,, then I'll cruise at 60.

Think we should add in the sign "trucks use right lane"
    Thats a real pain leaving Plymouth. Dang truckers think they are makung up ground hopping in the left lane only to take forever to get going.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    When sitting at a light and the flashing yellow left turn arrow appears, sit there and look confused even when there is no oncoming traffic. As soon as the light turns solid yellow (left arrow) Quickly accelerate through the intersection, leaving everyone behind you fuming because you were too stupid to understand what you were supposed to do. (and they are now stuck through another entire light cycle) :xmad:

Sorry DOT, if you thought people were too stupid to understand that absent signage to the contrary, you may make a left turn if there is no one to yield to, why in the HELL did you make it more confusing for them? I find FAAAAAAAR more folks that dont understand the new signals than before.
    I love the new flashing yellow arrows. I don't think you were allowed to turn if the arrow was red before even if there was no oncoming traffic, but the flashing yellow with the signage makes it much nicer.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    In Korea back in the day: right on red laws were same as here. Most didn’t stop, some didn’t slow down. If they had to stop at the red light trying to make a right turn, always blew the horn a lot.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I was going to Hardee's yesterday, driving down Meridian/135 and the right lane was ending (and a 35 mph work zone speed limit) due to construction. I was allowing someone to merge in (because I'm not an *******) when all of a sudden this idiot in a Toyota Tundra lays on his horn. I look in my rearview and all I could see was this idiot's grill. Approaching Stop 11, he whipped into the left turn lane and floored it... up to the red light. The turn light changed and he was able to turn before I got next to him, otherwise I would've waved and blown him a kiss. :):

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    I love the new flashing yellow arrows. I don't think you were allowed to turn if the arrow was red before even if there was no oncoming traffic, but the flashing yellow with the signage makes it much nicer.
    Don't think the police liked it much when they were put in anywhere being those impatient drivers that used to be ticketed for running red lights were no longer running them..lost revenue??

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Don't think the police liked it much when they were put in anywhere being those impatient drivers that used to be ticketed for running red lights were no longer running them..lost revenue??
    Honestly I can't remember the last time I saw a cop pull someone over for running a red light.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    I was going to Hardee's yesterday, driving down Meridian/135 and the right lane was ending (and a 35 mph work zone speed limit) due to construction. I was allowing someone to merge in (because I'm not an *******) when all of a sudden this idiot in a Toyota Tundra lays on his horn. I look in my rearview and all I could see was this idiot's grill. Approaching Stop 11, he whipped into the left turn lane and floored it... up to the red light. The turn light changed and he was able to turn before I got next to him, otherwise I would've waved and blown him a kiss. :):
    Well another good 1 is on country roads, morons don't stop and wait at the stop sign making left turns...they pull right up to the t-road making others have to swing very wide to turn left on that road. I'm is the 93 f150 4x4 with 31" tires and turning. Sone idiot girl in a late 90s trans am decided not to stop and i damn near run the corner of her car over. All i seen on her face was saying wtf. Not sure why some think that cars and trucks can make an actual 90degree L turn. 4 wheel steering might just do that type of perfect turn.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Well another good 1 is on country roads, morons don't stop and wait at the stop sign making left turns...they pull right up to the t-road making others have to swing very wide to turn left on that road. I'm is the 93 f150 4x4 with 31" tires and turning. Sone idiot girl in a late 90s trans am decided not to stop and i damn near run the corner of her car over. All i seen on her face was saying wtf. Not sure why some think that cars and trucks can make an actual 90degree L turn. 4 wheel steering might just do that type of perfect turn.
    There is a stop line that is all but ignored…

Top Bottom