• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Oh, 300k visitors in Bloomington is going to be a mess. I'll bet I-69 will be a parking lot afterward too. But I'm exciting about being pretty much right on the centerline!
    I might take a really scenic route home. Says it's an hour longer, today...

BAk2hDll.jpg

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    So this solar eclipse thing is getting weird.

Hey, if people want to travel to see it, sure. Why not? My son and daughter-in-law are coming down to see it.

But schools closing because they can't keep the kids "safe"? Ivy Tech is going remote learning?

What is this idiocy?
    Many schools made this decision months ago due to how crowded the roads will be, might as well just make it an e-learning day.

I'm flying out of town for a funeral that week and would have liked to arrive a few days early to take in some of the scenery out there, but all flights are sold out on Tuesday and Wednesday appears to be a s$%& show as well...

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Many schools made this decision months ago due to how crowded the roads will be, might as well just make it an e-learning day.

I'm flying out of town for a funeral that week and would have liked to arrive a few days early to take in some of the scenery out there, but all flights are sold out on Tuesday and Wednesday appears to be a s$%& show as well...
    I'm not expecting a big traffic problem in Northwest Indiana.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

Hey, if people want to travel to see it, sure. Why not? My son and daughter-in-law are coming down to see it.

But schools closing because they can't keep the kids "safe"? Ivy Tech is going remote learning?

What is this idiocy?
    Memory's of Y2K

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I'm not expecting a big traffic problem in Northwest Indiana.
    One explanation I got from an elementary school teacher is that many younger kids will be on busses at the peak of the eclipse and they are too dumb to not look at it. Schools also don't like to be dropping off kids in the dark.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    My moms place is almost on the yellow line. She says warnings have already been issued about crowds expected (Johnson county park is booked full, all of it). She is not worried, her neighbour on the other hand has barrier for their drive way. Nineveh.

Now just everyone hope the New Madrid does not pull a 1811-12(largest quakes in US history).

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    You'd be surprised how much idiocy is out there. Well, maybe not.
    People being warned to keep their animals inside, like there were herds of blind animals staggering around after the last one.
    I think it's the lawyers - the schools don't want the liability their attorneys say they will be exposed to. Sure, they'll come up with other excuses, but that's the real one.
    Inconsistencies abound. Some school districts in our county are off and already made up the day January 2. Others will still be having classes (at least so far). Others have changed their minds multiple times.
    Consider going somewhere else along the centerline, like between New Castle and Union City. Multiple ways in and out and nothing else to do out there.

But unpredictable April weather in Indiana may just give us a snowstorm, making all those plans crash. Best chance of clear skies (and coincidentally getting robbed by cartels)? Southwest Mexico.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I think the eclipse will be neat to see, but I don't understand people going crazy over it. I sure wouldn't travel and spend the money that some of the places around here are going to charge to stay and see it. My plant will probably just give everyone a 30 minute break to see it like the last one a few years ago.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    My moms place is almost on the yellow line. She says warnings have already been issued about crowds expected (Johnson county park is booked full, all of it). She is not worried, her neighbour on the other hand has barrier for their drive way. Nineveh.

Now just everyone hope the New Madrid does not pull a 1811-12(largest quakes in US history).
    Our head of security at our church mentioned being extra vigilant and even remotely watching the cameras. We have 10 acres that are wide open with a big parking lot. His concern is folks who are there to watch uninvited might decide they really gotta go and might try accessing the closed building.

If we see folks gathering I may grab the fam and head over to watch from there just in case. I live 4 minutes away.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Oh, 300k visitors in Bloomington is going to be a mess. I'll bet I-69 will be a parking lot afterward too. But I'm exciting about being pretty much right on the centerline!
    Daughters works and is at IU Bloomington.
    Daughter said two months ago (work numbers) Bloomington expected 200-250k.
    One month ago 300-350k and last weekend when she was home they told her 400-500k.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

What is this idiocy?

We learned in the 80s it was best to be cautious during such events....

1711494781505.png

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    Yeah, IU will be having all staff work from home on that day (all classes are canceled). If you have to work on campus that day, due to some required function then you will get a $250 bonus. Your tax dollars at work!

Ron

Top Bottom