• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • canebreaker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Horn Lake
    Tuesday at 4 am I woke with a tooth ache. I search the cabinet for pain relief pills. Tylenol 500 mg, only 5 in the bottle. Take 2 and start my morning. I search online for dentist close by, no one opens before 8 am. The first 10 or so can see me in later April, May and June. Last call, we can see you at another office at 4pm Wednesday. Great, my heart doctor is near, I have a bill to pay and pick up sample drugs. I have a pick up at the drugstore to get too. The dentist office is between them. 2:50 pm, I'm leaving the doctor's office headed to the drugstore. Got a call from the dentist. We are closing early, can we see you at 1:30 pm Wednesday. Sure. I finish up at 4 pm. I take Eliquis, need a doctor's permission in writing before they will pull the tooth. Call my nurse, leave a message. She calls back, will forward a form to the office near you. Got it back to the dentist. Head to the drugstore for Amoxicillin. The druggist is on the phone, can't get the dentist to answer. Needs to hear from them that they know I take Eliquis before filling the scrip. Got to be off the Eliquis and on the Amoxicillin for 3 days before they will pull the tooth. Weekend is coming up, looks like I'll have this pain for a week.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Pliers are cheap at Harbor Freight.

An old ice skate works good as well...

elnaufrago-cast-away.gif

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    I needed to my lowers pulled and a denture made, saved my cash, covid hit, appointments are now like 12 months out, dentist retired, took another 18 months to save up more and find a sedation dentist that wasn't an ass.....in the meantime, pain pills & antibiotics , I swear I personally funding a retirement plan for the drug store

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Stooges!

Attachments

• MV5BZTM4NDkxYmEtNmZhZi00YzBlLWIyM2EtNWQ5MzI3MjAyYzZmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDgyNjA5MA@@._V1_.jpg
      MV5BZTM4NDkxYmEtNmZhZi00YzBlLWIyM2EtNWQ5MzI3MjAyYzZmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDgyNjA5MA@@._V1_.jpg
      410.1 KB · Views: 2
    Last edited:

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Eliquis is scary stuff for extractions. Early on it was seen like Plavix, no big deal, take local measures to support clotting, you get a little more of the annoyance factor with oozing blood but not an issue. After a while we realized its clotting roulette. I had 1 case, a relative, it's always friends and family, wouldn't stop bleeding for 1.5 days.
    Coumadin spoiled us, we could check the INR and basically have a numerical gauge to work with. Above a certain number don't touch them (that number is also above the range the Dr wants you to be anyway), above a smaller number = single tooth exts considering other medical history factors. Above an even lower number and no difference than other people. Eliquis= anyone could be in the "don't touch 'em" group but you'll never know who ahead of time.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I am not a dentist but I have a
    gerber. $50 and it’s gone you might die or not.
    Several years ago, my son and I were at the Indy 1500. I picked up some medical prep supplies for my SHTF kit, including an old pair of tooth-pulling pilers (because you never know).

My son said "You know what that means?" I said "No, what?" He said "If the SHTF, you're a dentist."

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Because of all the drug addiction and laws, it seems like no one in the medical/ dental field wants to give a prescription for pain killers for a few days to ease legitimate pain. The people who need pain killers suffer while the addicted keep on flying high. Like has been said, having a regular dentist is an asset, just like having a regular medical provider. Since you don't have either, all I can say is I feel your pain. Tooth trouble comes as we get up there in age even when we took good care of those choppers all along. I'm in the process of getting implants. I am grateful that I can afford it. I'm already into it for over eight grand. It's sad that in this country we pay so much for medical and dental work with the excessive cost of drugs on top of that. All the while we sometimes feel like we are the red-headed step children of the medical world. I sometimes question of value of blood thinners and statins. I wonder if the benefits outweigh the unintended consequences and/ or side effects.

Top Bottom