• Status
    Not open for further replies.

4x4

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    And here is the Facebook page:

I clicked the leaders name "Der Ecips Gnaw" and it is the guy they interviewed on TV. Right under his name the 4th friend down had a pot leaf for his profile picture. Really painting gun owners in a good light here.

Not to mention his name is "red spice wang" or "wang spice red" backwards.

I will not be going, this guy is a joke.

Dwight

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Sheridan
    The spokesman for the group was just interviewed on Fox 59. He looks like a COMPLETE TOOL!

He was OCing an LCP with the pocket clip facing outward...NO HOLSTER and an exposed trigger!

Way to go. :rolleyes:

Couldn't agree more. I'm sure Hallgarth has good intentions, but he looked like a fool with his pea-shooter hanging off the edge of his pocket. Exactly what we need to avoid in the eyes of the general public. He appears careless and un-trained by displaying his weapon in that manner.

I'm sure the media begged him to show off his gun in order to dramatize the video. I'm just sorry he fell into the trap and came off as a vigilante looking for trouble. I was considering participation prior to this video. No way I'm going down there now.

What was a good idea, if handled professionally, has turned into the PR nightmare that some of us were afraid of....

P.S. -Not too smart to clearly show your address on your LTCH either, IMO....:noway:

BillyT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Indy
    This is a bad idea and will reflect poorly on all of us as a group. I watched the Fox 59 report and the head of this campaign is simply making us look bad.

What do you expect from the media? Do you honestly expect unbiased reporting? They're tone has been very negative and not even fitting the context of the goal of the event.

I see a group arrest coming out of this. Cops in Broad Ripple are extremely anti gun (more than normal).

Since when do you have to be breaking the law for the cops to arrest you?

Just found the interview:

Occupy Broad Ripple With Guns: Group to "Occupy Broad Ripple (With Guns)" to protest recent attacks - fox59.com

I wasnt to spread gun awareness but I dont want to look like a douchebag in the process. They need a better spokesman.

And here is the Facebook page:

I clicked the leaders name "Der Ecips Gnaw" and it is the guy they interviewed on TV. Right under his name the 4th friend down had a pot leaf for his profile picture. Really painting gun owners in a good light here.

Not to mention his name is "red spice wang" or "wang spice red" backwards.

I will not be going, this guy is a joke.

you were never going. You have fear mongered and slandered law enforcement. From what I understand John is a libertarian I guess that means less govt control to include against certain drugs. I'm not sure but you can ask him. maybe YOU can ask to be the spokesmen since you are perfect since you can do it better come help out and try not to be so petty negative to a guy trying to help.

BillyT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Indy
    I think we can all agree occupy broadripple has already helped the gun community. I'm thinking of everyone talking about it. & the violence. So perhaps despite the negative reporting this will probably work out positively for the 2a

Last edited:

BillyT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Indy
    What makes you say this?

Your English is so bad I can barely comprehend what you are saying.

I posted most of your posts in this thread. You were very negative from the start. Its obvious you were never coming.

I'll work on my English.

4x4

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    I posted most of your posts in this thread. You were very negative from the start. Its obvious you were never coming.

I'll work on my English.

I would still go at the threat of being arrested. Would be the first time Ive been arrested for doing nothing wrong.

MacAnon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2011
    I know it is not cool to judge a book by it's cover but I thought it necessary to inform the community...

https://www.facebook.com/mayorof

I found the organizer's facebook and there are some things in the photos that concern me. HIs screen name is "Der Ecips Gnaw". Backwards is "Wang Spice Red" which would be the Spice or synthetic pot that he is associated with. Make up your own minds and do as you please, I just don't think I'd want to be a part of a firearm related "occupy" with a person as the organizer who is involved with this. Just say'n.

4x4

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    I know it is not cool to judge a book by it's cover but I thought it necessary to inform the community...

https://www.facebook.com/mayorof

I found the organizer's facebook and there are some things in the photos that concern me. HIs screen name is "Der Ecips Gnaw". Backwards is "Wang Spice Red" which would be the Spice or synthetic pot that he is associated with. Make up your own minds and do as you please, I just don't think I'd want to be a part of a firearm related "occupy" with a person as the organizer who is involved with this. Just say'n.

Yup and look at the 5th picture on his profile. That girl holding a bag of either pot or spice.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Admittedly, his Facebook page has hundreds of pictures on it, and some of those pictures have a combination of drugs, booze and guns.

Sadly, the press if they followed the trail would have a field day with this guy's Facebook page.

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    Yup and look at the 5th picture on his profile. That girl holding a bag of either pot or spice.

Is this Wang Red Spice Illegal? If not I see it no different than if she were holding a handgun, of which nobody on here would have a problem with.

I don't know the guy, but why is everyone so quick to judge him without knowing him?

I am sure many of you pointing the finger have done worse in your lifetime.

4x4

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Is this Wang Red Spice Illegal? If not I see it no different than if she were holding a handgun, of which nobody on here would have a problem with.

I don't know the guy, but why is everyone so quick to judge him without knowing him?

He had the trigger exposed on his little peashooter right there on TV. Thats enough to make me say no thanks.

MacAnon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2011

Just making info available so people can make their own decisions as whether or not to be associated with it based on their personal beliefs.

4x4

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    I sent the guy a message on Facebook:

"You arent exactly painting gun owners in a positive light. First you go on TV wearing your pea shooter with the trigger exposed. Now you have your pro drug profile linked to the Occupy BR With Guns page for the world to see. I would take part in this but I feel you are making us all look bad."

Will let you all know what he replies.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom