• Status
    Not open for further replies.

TMU317

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Indy
    I see a group arrest coming out of this. Cops in Broad Ripple are extremely anti gun (more than normal).

This is a very general, incorrect statement. I know multiple IMPD officers who have/do work in Broad Ripple and the area surrounding Broad Ripple and they are in no way anti gun. In fact, I know at least two of the officers who regularly work the Indy 1500 have/do work in Broad Ripple and couldn't be more pro gun/2A.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    WTHR had a report about people wanting to get together to provide protection to patrons of Broadripple saying they will arm themselves "with guns". Like "guns" are so evil, but the criminals are not.

BillyT, as been hinted,
    Signs are welcome (ASK ME HOW TO GET A HAND GUN LICENSE!)

Fixed it for you.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    Is Broadripple a neighborhood in Indianapolis? I am not familiar with the city I only travel down I-65 and get off on 38th st. I think to go to the state fairgrounds every year or so.

BillyT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Indy
    Has the media been notified?

Media scrutiny goes a long way to dampening law enforcement misbehavior.

Yes since it was created last night local media has been all over it. The Facebook page has about 60 people showing up with a 1k unanwered I believe.
    Come armed or not.

Some are terrified of being arrested but IMexperiences of OCing in broadripple I've only had one encounter and the officer was pleasant didn't direct a cover up.
    The Leo have seen it abunch of times. I've personally had great experiences with impd. But I might be the only guy in Indy to say that?

Is Broadripple a neighborhood in Indianapolis? I am not familiar with the city I only travel down I-65 and get off on 38th st. I think to go to the state fairgrounds every year or so.

Neighborhood park and little strip of bars shoppin center and local high school near by.
    Right off keystone down west on broadripple blvd or just go north/south on college depending on your location.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County

It is along 62nd st. between Meridian and Keystone and from White river to the north and Kessler Blvd to the south. Part of 62nd st. is named Broad Ripple Avenue.

Pinpoint

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2011
    I think that this is a really bad idea - armed militias parading around Broad Ripple in the middle of the night. I have also paid for the little laminated pink piece of paper that allows me to carry a handgun for life. I wouldn't use it to flaunt my 9 mm walking around BR. This type of demonstration will just inflame the mainstream population into supporting more stringent controls on handguns. Good luck trying to stop the hoodies from invading northward - it ain't gonna happen.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I have to agree with those that think this as a bad idea. Not so much that it is bad to OC, or have a gun for personal protection, or even that the intent is to spread the information about this to people that may not be familiar.

I do not frequent that area very often, so my observations may not be 100% accurate, but the village seems to be a liberal cesspool. If that is the environment that the politicians and citizens have created, why change it? Letting them live with their choices is the best way to let them figure things out. For those of us that do not live in the area, the best way to send a message would be to avoid the area, and not spend our money there. $$ money tends to speak louder than words.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Since when do you have to be breaking the law for the cops to arrest you?
    PicardFacePalm.jpg

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    The spokesman for the group was just interviewed on Fox 59. He looks like a COMPLETE TOOL!

He was OCing an LCP with the pocket clip facing outward...NO HOLSTER and an exposed trigger!

Way to go. :rolleyes:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    The spokesman for the group was just interviewed on Fox 59. He looks like a COMPLETE TOOL!

He was OCing an LCP with the pocket clip facing outward...NO HOLSTER and an exposed trigger!

Way to go. :rolleyes:
    Haha, I saw that. If ya gonna OC, do it with a man sized weapon....in a holster.

DFM914

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Avon
    This is a bad idea and will reflect poorly on all of us as a group. I watched the Fox 59 report and the head of this campaign is simply making us look bad.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom