• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Tom Brady is reportedly finally retiring from the NFL after 22 seasons. Love him or hate him there's no denying that he is one of the greatest, if not the GOAT QBs. Ben Rothlisberger has already preceded Brady in hanging up the cleats this season. Now howbout you Aaron Rogers? Whatcha' gonna do? You gonna follow Brady?

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Rodgers will not retire this year even if he had already planned too. He is far to competitive to enter Canton as second fiddle to Brady. He will quit when he will be the headliner for HOF induction…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Tom Brady retiring from the NFL after 22 seasons. Love him or hate him there's no denying that he is one of the greatest, if not the GOAT QBs. Ben Rothlisberger has already preceded Brady in hanging up the cleats this season. Now howbout you Aaron Rogers? Whatcha' gonna do? You gonna follow Brady?

I dunno. I think Rogers still has a lot in him. And I'm certainly no Rogers fan. I have a suspicion that he's gonna end up in Denver.

But that aside, it's a TB thread. I like that he's going out on top. Despite the loss to the Rams, Brady finished at the top of QB rankings.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Rodgers will not retire this year even if he had already planned too. He is far to competitive to enter Canton as second fiddle to Brady. He will quit when he will be the headliner for HOF induction…
    Definitely not gonna retire. I have a hunch that he'll soon be a Bronco. But if not in Denver, I think he'll get the trade he wants. He finished 2nd in the NFL to Brady, so he still has the chops.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've never been a TB fan, not by a long stretch, but there's no denying that the records he set over his career will likely never be broken in any of our lifetimes.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Definitely not gonna retire. I have a hunch that he'll soon be a Bronco. But if not in Denver, I think he'll get the trade he wants. He finished 2nd in the NFL to Brady, so he still has the chops.
    This is the way I'm thinking it will go as well. Rogers is pretty much the only long-time marquee QB left after Rothlisberger and Brady's retirement. I agree with you jamil. I think he's done with the Packers and there's talk about him landing with the Broncos which would be a plus for the Bears if he left the division.

Anyway, props to TB. Wasn't a big fan but I'm with DD. I'll not deny his talent and longevity in the league. Happy Trails to the reigning GOAT.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Maybe not?

Well, a lot of people will have egg on their collective faces if indeed he hasn't made up his mind. Come to think of it I haven't seen anything official from Brady himself nor has anyone else that I'm aware of. They've all been reporting that it's pretty much a done deal based on ESPN NFL insider Adam Shefter's "breaking news".

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Maybe not?

Seems to be a lot of confusion going on now. Brady himself will have to clarify what's really going on and soon. I'm sure he's probably just a little bit pissed right about now how all this is unfolding like wildfire within sports media.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I don't think Rodgers isn't going anywhere. Green Bay would only trade him to the AFC (unless some dumb team like the bears wants to send them 7 first round picks or something).

Now look at what you have in the AFC:
    Mahomes
    Allen
    Burrow
    Herbert
    L Jackson

The balance of QB power is n the AFC. If Rodgers wants to go to a Super Bowl the path is in the NFC. And going to Denver? Why? Looks more like a lateral move where he doesn't have the time and practice in with the rest of the players. His best chance seems to me to be with GB.

The wild card is his very woke fiance'. The rumor had been that Rodgers wanted to go to a Cali team. The 9ers drafted a guy in the 1st last year, LAC has Herbert. LAR has Stafford. Packers are the class of the NFCN and as such will be in the running for 1st seed. Doesn't guarantee anything but if I'm AR then I don't want to have a potential Super Bowl run having to beat Mahomes, Allen, and Herbert. You want to be able to do it like Brady did. Face a bunch of bums until the big game.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Tyler Huntley, the backup QB for the Ravens is a beast, I would love to see him picked up by us if ARod does leave...were da&n sure ain't going anywhere with Jordan Love......

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Apparently, Brady's agent has put out a statement saying that it's not over until Tom Brady says it over. He says Brady recognizes the business end, so he expects a statement one way or the other to come out soon.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    That would explain his man bun. :):
    FC2ClFqVgAIwuUj.jpg

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Doesn't guarantee anything but if I'm AR then I don't want to have a potential Super Bowl run having to beat Mahomes, Allen, and Herbert. You want to be able to do it like Brady did. Face a bunch of bums until the big game.
    Howbout this scenario? If you want to do it like Brady did then why not do it exactly like that. If TB does retire Rogers makes the move to the Buccaneers?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I don't think Rodgers isn't going anywhere. Green Bay would only trade him to the AFC (unless some dumb team like the bears wants to send them 7 first round picks or something).

Now look at what you have in the AFC:
    Mahomes
    Allen
    Burrow
    Herbert
    L Jackson

The balance of QB power is n the AFC. If Rodgers wants to go to a Super Bowl the path is in the NFC. And going to Denver? Why? Looks more like a lateral move where he doesn't have the time and practice in with the rest of the players. His best chance seems to me to be with GB.

The wild card is his very woke fiance'. The rumor had been that Rodgers wanted to go to a Cali team. The 9ers drafted a guy in the 1st last year, LAC has Herbert. LAR has Stafford. Packers are the class of the NFCN and as such will be in the running for 1st seed. Doesn't guarantee anything but if I'm AR then I don't want to have a potential Super Bowl run having to beat Mahomes, Allen, and Herbert. You want to be able to do it like Brady did. Face a bunch of bums until the big game.
    Good analysis…

Top Bottom