• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    this guy is a slimeball. How is he defending voting for this bill?

OK, he is a slimball but here is where I rile-up 80% of INGO...

I believe in limited, smaller and less intrusive government. I believe in this regardless of whether I personally approve of whatever behavior is being discussed. I also think people should have the freedom to live as they see fit so long as they're not harming anyone else. Who someone chooses to marry damn sure isn't the governments business (or mine or yours)

I don't like Young and have never voted for him but this vote increased personal freedom for a large swath of citizens. I'm OK with it.

Flame away....

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN

I believe in limited, smaller and less intrusive government. I believe in this regardless of whether I personally approve of whatever behavior is being discussed. I also think people should have the freedom to live as they see fit so long as they're not harming anyone else. Who someone chooses to marry damn sure isn't the governments business (or mine or yours)

I don't like Young and have never voted for him but this vote increased personal freedom for a large swath of citizens. I'm OK with it.

Flame away....
    Actually marriage was never government. You went to a church. Then after the civil war the democrats made it so government was involved mandating a license from government, they did this so blacks couldn’t marry whites which they passed. I’m all for government getting out of marriage and let it go back the way it was. Instead they have took it away from the church, and redefined marriage and now federalizing yet some more stuff. It’s a beast that can never have enough.

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    Actually marriage was never government. You went to a church. Then after the civil war the democrats made it so government was involved mandating a license from government, they did this so blacks couldn’t marry whites which they passed. I’m all for government getting out of marriage and let it go back the way it was. Instead they have took it away from the church, and redefined marriage and now federalizing yet some more stuff. It’s a beast that can never have enough.

Excellent perspective. There are few decisions more consequential than who we choose to marry yet the government is smack in the middle giving permission slips.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The one part of my ballot I left blank, I could not in good conscience place a vote for any candidate.
    So sick of Indiana's so-called republicans !!!
    All us on INGO should get together and get a candidate on the primary ballot that can defeat Young and get elected to the senate.

Meanwhile the more current issue is Braun running for governor and we will need a new senator for that position first.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    My issue is the taking away of states rights.
    Imo government should not be involved in marriage be it this, taxes, divorce, or anything else related to marriage.
    Marriage has always been a religious act. Government has definitely got their hands involved in religious affairs with this one.
    Leave marriage upto the religious organization each person belongs too. If you aren't religious you don't need to get married.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Imo government should not be involved in marriage be it this, taxes, divorce, or anything else related to marriage.
    Marriage has always been a religious act. Government has definitely got their hands involved in religious affairs with this one.
    Leave marriage upto the religious organization each person belongs too. If you aren't religious you don't need to get married.
    Agreed. Just posted the following in another thread.

This is the direct result of government usurping from the church that which is gods…

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    All us on INGO should get together and get a candidate on the primary ballot that can defeat Young and get elected to the senate.

Meanwhile the more current issue is Braun running for governor and we will need a new senator for that position first.
    Hope that effort turns out better than Big Red for mod… :ar15:

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012

From what I've heard, you should be happy with the person planning to run for his seat.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I agree the government should not be in the marriage business. However, I disagree it is merely a religious thing.

There are some protections built into marriage law that are not without utility. It can all be done without a marriage, but it is more costly, cumbersome, and stuff most people would never think of until it was too late.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

Flame away....
    I don't think this increased anyone's freedom. It merely says all states must recognize a legal marriage in another state. I can't argue with that.

Top Bottom