Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    In 2 years the tenants will have torn up the houses and the corporate owners have no interest in spending money on continuous repairs that rentals need. Tenants stop paying and wait for the courts to evict them (free housing for 6-18 months). The corporations spend on legal fees and repairs without money coming in, the securities become worthless.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    In 2 years the tenants will have torn up the houses and the corporate owners have no interest in spending money on continuous repairs that rentals need. Tenants stop paying and wait for the courts to evict them (free housing for 6-18 months). The corporations spend on legal fees and repairs without money coming in, the securities become worthless.
    Exactly. And some families that would love to live in and maintain a home cannot afford them.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    If you eat someone wouldn't you then get all their health problems? Of course the young healthy ones will be the hardest to catch. Do you take a chance on an old fat slow person? Damn more decisions..................
    Maybe I'll be safe for a while.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    What tenants? Many of these funds are leaving most the homes empty. It is not about them earning an income from them, it is about raising the price and rents for other homes and properties they own, mostly multi unit housing as it is easier to manage. It is about total control of areas.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Cannibalism. Hmm.
    Stay away from the clown, it tastes funny.
    Firefighter has a smoky flavor.

What does the lady from Murder She Wrote and the grand dad from Blue Bloods say about this?

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    What tenants? Many of these funds are leaving most the homes empty. It is not about them earning an income from them, it is about raising the price and rents for other homes and properties they own, mostly multi unit housing as it is easier to manage. It is about total control of areas.
    The article says they are using rental income as collateral for securities they plan to sell. Taking houses out of the inventory in a large enough stock to affect the rental and sales markets would require Yuge investment.
    Leaving houses empty in Vegas is asking for squatters and scavengers to ruin the homes conditions before the investors can turn the market. Sounds risky but I guess thats why they're doing it in Vegas

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    The article says they are using rental income as collateral for securities they plan to sell. Taking houses out of the inventory in a large enough stock to affect the rental and sales markets would require Yuge investment.
    Leaving houses empty in Vegas is asking for squatters and scavengers to ruin the homes conditions before the investors can turn the market. Sounds risky but I guess thats why they're doing it in Vegas
    They already own 26% of the entire US market,and in many metro areas over 40%.

I have had over 190 listings at once before(in Indiana) and understand the real estate market fairly well. They leave many of the homes empty, they simply become write offs. It depends on what they want their book to show that year. Same for selling them at a loss or transferring them to other companies(they likely own) for profit or loss ect. It has been getting much much more prominent since 2008. If a fund sets their sights on a metro area for example, they first find who already owns 20+% ,and make deals with them first.

It is a big game to them, all about extracting wealth (MBS are back in fashion as well, but good luck ever actually figuring out who owns what, as that market is fractional ownerships and total chaos).

My primary client base were institutional, not home owners from 2006-2015.

We are not talking small investors who have 1-20 homes. We are talking hedge funds and REITs that own millions of properties and billions invested. Some huge firms like Blackrock have divisions that will buy up entire zip codes. Largest deal I ever did was 26 homes at once, all in one zip code(46060). Every property was already owned by institutions as well, I just happen to have those listings. They purchased from other brokers as well who had listings in the zip they wanted to control.

I mostly left the business in 2012, after moving out of state for awhile. It is not something I really want to participate in anymore, and don't.

Last edited:

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    They already own 26% of the entire US market,and in many metro areas over 40%.

I have had over 190 listings at once before(in Indiana) and understand the real estate market fairly well. They leave many of the homes empty, they simply become write offs. It depends on what they want their book to show that year. Same for selling them at a loss or transferring them to other companies(they likely own) for profit or loss ect. It has been getting much much more prominent since 2008. If a fund sets their sights on a metro area for example, they first find who already owns 20+% ,and make deals with them first.

It is a big game to them, all about extracting wealth (MBS are back in fashion as well, but good luck ever actually figuring out who owns what, as that market is fractional ownerships and total chaos).

My primary client base were institutional, not home owners from 2006-2015.

We are not talking small investors who have 1-20 homes. We are talking hedge funds and REITs that own millions of properties and billions invested. Some huge firms like Blackrock have divisions that will buy up entire zip codes. Largest deal I ever did was 26 homes at once, all in one zip code(46060). Every property was already owned by institutions as well, I just happen to have those listings. They purchased from other brokers as well who had listings in the zip they wanted to control.

I mostly left the business in 2012, after moving out of state for awhile. It is not something I really want to participate in anymore, and don't.
    Thanks for taking the time to give me the background. I've heard of plan but didn't realize how far it had been developed.
    I'm going to make a pot of coffee cause I've got some reading to do and I don't think I would sleep much tonight anyway.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Thanks for taking the time to give me the background. I've heard of plan but didn't realize how far it had been developed.
    I'm going to make a pot of coffee cause I've got some reading to do and I don't think I would sleep much tonight anyway.
    The securities you likely talked about in the article are MBS. If anyone has half a brain cell left they saw what happened with those in 2008. My advise is never invest in them, the fuse is already lit for 2008 part 2. This time it will not be mostly banks though, but retirement funds, state pensions, and anyone they can get to hold the bag. It is likely going to repeat though as soon as the hedge funds and institutions run out of cheap money to put into it(already happening hence the REIT crisis). MBS and fractional ownership of property was always a dumb idea, and still is. Sooner or later it all blows up again.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Cannibalism. Hmm.
    Stay away from the clown, it tastes funny.
    Firefighter has a smoky flavor.

What does the lady from Murder She Wrote and the grand dad from Blue Bloods say about this?

Two cannibals sit down to a meal, one starts at the head the other at the foot.

The one at the head asks the other, "Hey, how are you doing?"

The other replies, "I am having a ball!"

The first says, "Slow down, you are eating to fast..."

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Top Bottom