Happy anniversary!

happy-anniversary.gif

Kev

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    South Bend
    Congrats! My wife and I celecbrated our 10th year anniversary yesterday. We celebrated by getting frozen pizza for the kids... clean up the house after the kids ran around... got them to sleep.. then we fell asleep early. The glory days! :)

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    What's your rush? Enjoy the ride.

Happy anniversary!

happy-anniversary.gif

It's sort of an inside joke that started when I proposed to her in 2008, I took her to a real fancy restaurant. It was the most expensive date of my life, but worth it. It was pricey, but I told her I would take her back there again for our 50th anniversary (I was 52 when I proposed). So counting months is probably the only way I can live up to that promise. So ever since then, when folks ask us how long we've been married, we tell them the number of months. :)

Thanks for the well wishes! :yesway:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    "Anniversary" [1200–50; Middle English anniversarie (< Anglo-French) < Medieval Latin (diēs)anniversāria anniversary (day), Latin anniversārius recurring yearly =anni-, comb. form of annus year + vers(us), past participle of vertere to turn + -ārius -ary]

The term you're looking for is "Monthiversary". :p ...or I guess 5th anniversary would work as well.

I too was married on the 13th of the month. :runaway:
    Hey, Today's my 21st "Monthiversary"!!

Edit: just saw your explanation... how cute. :) Congrats on the 5/60

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    "Anniversary" [1200–50; Middle English anniversarie (< Anglo-French) < Medieval Latin (diēs)anniversāria anniversary (day), Latin anniversārius recurring yearly =anni-, comb. form of annus year + vers(us), past participle of vertere to turn + -ārius -ary]

The term you're looking for is "Monthiversary". :p ...or I guess 5th anniversary would work as well.

I too was married on the 13th of the month. :runaway:
    Hey, Today's my 21st "Monthiversary"!!

OH GREAT! NOW you tell me. :laugh: Even if I explain this to the wife, I don't expect she's willing to let me off the hook for another 45 years for that return trip to La Spiaggia since I've been kidding her for the last 5 years now.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My wonderful wife and I are pushing 33 and soon to be 34 years (I think) and what a great ride good and bad it has been.

Happy 60 months.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Congrats. Nothing better than to live well and have someone to share it with.

Going on 32 years myself, and I got married at 20 ( I know wtf were we thinking, right?).

But the good part is the kids are gone and we're still young enough to really enjoy it.

Last edited:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Congrats, OP. But my first response to seeing the thread title was to reply: You are a lot older than I thought you were. :):

Congrats! My wife and I celecbrated our 10th year anniversary yesterday. We celebrated by getting frozen pizza for the kids... clean up the house after the kids ran around... got them to sleep.. then we fell asleep early. The glory days! :)

That's what is known as old married couple status. And age is irrelevant. And congrats!

:wow:....I just figured mine using your math.....408th anniversary coming up.
    By month math, our will be gross. I mean, A gross.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Man - we'll be on our 72nd next month.

"How long have you been married?"

- - - long enough that I don't look both ways before crossing the street - - -

Top Bottom