pUEWWVn.png

Source for the desk cages for school children
    3r36LDE.png

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    When they showed us movies with the Civil Defense turtle and made us hide under our desks even little kids realized it was stupid.
    Inadvertently teaching little kids to think for themselves is good so it wasn't a total waste.
    Which reminds me, if government gave a hoot in the holler about you being protected they wouldn't have gotten rid of CD.
    So yeah, masking isn't about protecting anybody.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    When they showed us movies with the Civil Defense turtle and made us hide under our desks even little kids realized it was stupid.
    Inadvertently teaching little kids to think for themselves is good so it wasn't a total waste.
    Which reminds me, if government gave a hoot in the holler about you being protected they wouldn't have gotten rid of CD.
    So yeah, masking isn't about protecting anybody.

Wonder if all those tins of biscuits,water and 25 Army stretchers are still in the CD room at the church I grew up in?

Flingarrows

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2019
    Greenwood
    My nephew is on 10 day quarantine from Center Grove HS because he was in close proximity to a student that has been identified a having Covid.

My sister called the grade school to see if her daughters need to stay home as well, since her son is now on quarantine. Nope. - no worries, send them to school.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Maybe this will lighten the mood

View attachment 90361

Or not.

I suppose it's impolite to point out that "duck and cover" are helpful outside the area of the "fireball", but inside the radius where debris is thrown through the air.

...but just like how many evaluate masks: "it doesn't do what I think it should do." "Um, that's not really what it's supposed to do."

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Spent some time in Nashville this weekend - It seemed that mask use was either as a talisman, or used because it was mandated.

Broadway was still packed, with lots of bachlorette parties.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Can you get a ticket/fine in places where masks are mandatory if you're not wearing one?

Masks are mandatory in some places/cities here (In France).

You get a $160 fine if you're caught without one.
    If caught a second time (within 15 days) it's $1,700 ... third time within a month that's $4,500 and potentially 6 months in jail. :nuts:

If a customer in a store is not wearing a mask the store can be fine over $600 and potentially be closed for 3 days, I think.

Not sure how many customers without masks it takes for the store's owner to be shot on site by the police.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Can you get a ticket/fine in places where masks are mandatory if you're not wearing one?

Masks are mandatory in some places/cities here (In France).

You get a $160 fine if you're caught without one.
    If caught a second time (within 15 days) it's $1,700 ... third time within a month that's $4,500 and potentially 6 months in jail. :nuts:

If a customer in a store is not wearing a mask the store can be fine over $600 and potentially be closed for 3 days, I think.

Not sure how many customers without masks it takes for the store's owner to be shot on site by the police.
    Depends on where, maybe?

Our governor issued an edict (er, executive order), but since he can't pass laws, it carries little weight for the individual. He DID direct the State Board of Health to fine businesses if they do not enforce his edict. He cannot fine/charge an individual without additional legislation, and our legislature has not backed him up (yet).

Other states have different laws. Pretty sure NY and CA can at least fine you, if they wanted to.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Did you visit Brown County State Park? Lot's of campers?
    Spent some time in Nashville this weekend - It seemed that mask use was either as a talisman, or used because it was mandated.

Broadway was still packed, with lots of bachlorette parties.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN

We better pray this is the way it works out, as of right now it is all we got...

Let us all hope! Sweden, Northern Italy and NYC are the places to watch. Places where the virus basically had a fairly free run for "long enough" (both Italy and NYC locked down, but only after the virus was very widespread).

There is some promising research that indicates the possibility that a previous coronavirus was "close enough" to SARS-2 that some portion of the population has partial (mild or asymptotic infections) or better immunity. They are trying to determine if it was a variant of one of the four common cold lines or some other unknown coronavirus. There is a distinct possibility that the vaccine might be a common cold virus. Keep your fingers crossed on that one. Think T-cells versus antibodies.

And, IMO, this is more than just wishful thinking. As bad as COVID hit NYC, it was nowhere near as bad as it "should have been" if there was zero innate immunity in the population. As it is, one out of every 370 NY City dwellers is now dead due to COVID. (8.7M/23,658)

Again, as bad as it was in NYC, it should have been worse.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom