• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ok the uniparty politics will fix it then. Great. I was worried and didn't think of that! Can't wait:facepalm: Nobody even cares about any of the three letter agencies anymore.
    The uniparty won't fix it. It takes an America-first administration to fix the problems in America. And that's one of them.

Ordary people don't give a flying **** about 3-letter agencies. If the CDC ended the mask recommendations the facilities that require them would change their policies. Except the ones ran by nutters.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    The uniparty won't fix it. It takes an America-first administration to fix the problems in America. And that's one of them.

Ordary people don't give a flying **** about 3-letter agencies. If the CDC ended the mask recommendations the facilities that require them would change their policies. Except the ones ran by nutters.
    I completely understand. Not doing anything is making a decision. Status quo for an issue that appears will represent a humanitarian catastrophe. No thanks on the koolaid.

41503554.jpg

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I’d love to see a business ban masks on their property. Can you imagine the sky screaming?

These guys banned masks in their business to help fight theft. Also Hong Kong banned masks during protest gatherings.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    They are that stupid, petulant, and petty.
    It's amazing how much hatred can be derived from this.

And the scariest part of this: mask-clingers will never stop at their own persons; they want to control and subjugate everyone else around, and are just waiting for their numbers to swell to do the mandates again.
    I saw some people wearing mask, I have coworkers that wear masks, not once have they tried to control me - on contrary they all think it should be a choice.

They never changed their mind — they are just hiding, seething and waiting.
    Never forget.
    It's always funny how humans want others to change their minds.

And who here is seething? You just wrote a seething post about them - people you've made into your opponent. These people are minding their own business, doing what they think is right for their situation and yet you've ascribed some sinister motive to them. You don't even know them, yet you think they are out to get you. The irony is that you seem to be out to get them.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

I saw some people wearing mask, I have coworkers that wear masks, not once have they tried to control me - on contrary they all think it should be a choice.

And who here is seething? You just wrote a seething post about them - people you've made into your opponent. These people are minding their own business, doing what they think is right for their situation and yet you've ascribed some sinister motive to them. You don't even know them, yet you think they are out to get you. The irony is that you seem to be out to get them.
    Have you heard of mask mandates?
    Did you miss all the videos of karen starting fights over people choosing to not wear a mask?
    Yes, there definitely are people that do not stop at making their own choice - they want to make your choice for you too. The internet is forever so this is extremely well documented.

The fact that there are also examples of people that are sane says nothing about the people that aren't.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

As far as changing minds, I think at first when something new comes along people eventually coalesce around some shared sense of reality about it. Before that, everyone has their own ideas about the thing. Like trending videos of police brutality. And then as more information is known, almost nothing about the thing originally said turns out true.

I think COVID is no different. We were sold lockdowns which turns out were based on bull ****. We were forced to quarantine based on bull ****. We were told to wear masks, based on bull ****. Many people were forced to get vaccines to keep their jobs, based on bull ****. Some people still cling to the bull ****.

And there's another side of it that's bull ****. Not everyone who still believes the bull **** on the other side is lurking in the weeds waiting to pounce. Almost no one is. TPTB seem still to want to squeeze as much bull **** out of this pandemic as possible. But reality is catching up. If you believe that everyone who wears a mask is working towards an agenda and use words like "scariest", maybe the one whose mind needs to change is yours. Not that you need to start believing you need a mask. You don't. But lingering mask wearers are just anxious about COVID, still.

And those people are fewer and fewer. Polls on covid anxiety are tracking with declining covid cases. We're mostly over the bull **** believing stage. We're coalescing more around reality. We don't need to be masked. We don't need to be vaccinated. We don't need to fear. So rather than being :tinfoil: about maskers, maybe help them over their anxiety when you have the opportunity. They're just scared. And so are you if you think they're out to get you.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Have you heard of mask mandates?
    Did you miss all the videos of karen starting fights over people choosing to not wear a mask?
    Yes, there definitely are people that do not stop at making their own choice - they want to make your choice for you too. The internet is forever so this is extremely well documented.

The fact that there are also examples of people that are sane says nothing about the people that aren't.

Mandates were purpose driven. But justifications are less believable as reality becomes more apparent to more people. Only 1% of the population is still getting vaccinated/boosted. Frankly, I think people should put pressure on legislators to push an end to EUA. This isn't an emergency. There isn't anything emergent about it. Just knock it off and drop everything back to the pre-covid normal.

That said, yeah, there were plenty of pro-mask karens starting fights. I also saw plenty of anti-mask karents starting fights. People going into stores daring someone to say something about not wearing a mask, and then going off on them. Plenty of people on both sides took their frustrations out on the other.

Though it's fair to admit that there are insane people on both sides, we'll just say the progressives have a big advantage in nuttiness. Conservatives at least understand this hard reality:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Mandates were purpose driven. But justifications are less believable as reality becomes more apparent to more people. Only 1% of the population is still getting vaccinated/boosted. Frankly, I think people should put pressure on legislators to push an end to EUA. This isn't an emergency. There isn't anything emergent about it. Just knock it off and drop everything back to the pre-covid normal.

That said, yeah, there were plenty of pro-mask karens starting fights. I also saw plenty of anti-mask karents starting fights. People going into stores daring someone to say something about not wearing a mask, and then going off on them. Plenty of people on both sides took their frustrations out on the other.

Though it's fair to admit that there are insane people on both sides, we'll just say the progressives have a big advantage in nuttiness. Conservatives at least understand this hard reality:

Truth.

There's also "Christians" that run around yelling that, "God hates gays!" There's tons of videos on the internet of that. But we all know they represent a tiny minority.

It's easy to take the actions of a tiny minority and justify your hatred of an entire group if you want to do that.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I have also seen an uptick in mask wearing at the grocery store, and it has been overwhelmingly black people by about 3:1. They are wearing N95s or KN95s, so they are doing the best they can

I don't know, but I was thinking they may not have as good a health insurance plan as others or may be taking care of others who are elderly at a higher rate than others or may have more limited means to ride out the financial costs of an illness (or all of the above). There are a myriad of possible reasons that do not involve a wool coat. I give them the benefit of the doubt and try not to crowd them. No one from that group has ever tried to insist that I should wear a mask

On the other hand, Karen and Ken do proselytize and need to be burnt down at every opportunity

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I can still remember be yelled at in a parking lot in the early days because I was holding my wife’s hand. “What don’t you understand about 6’ apart?!?!” There we’re other things said but we were walking away and I was doing my best to ignore it.

This cemented in my mind that the control freaks were in heaven.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I can still remember be yelled at in a parking lot in the early days because I was holding my wife’s hand. “What don’t you understand about 6’ apart?!?!” There we’re other things said but we were walking away and I was doing my best to ignore it.

This cemented in my mind that the control freaks were in heaven.
    I actually quit participating in an acoustic guitar forum I used to really enjoy because I couldn’t stand all the idiots berating others and bringing up Covid in every ****ing post.

One guy went into a very detailed description of his procedure for going out of his house, and even getting his mail and bringing it in! It was absolutely insane, and he wasn’t the only one. I even replied to his post with something along the lines of “c’mon, do you REALLY go through all of that just to run to the store for a gallon of milk”? And was met with a barrage of accusations ranging from calling me a Trumpist to a murderer, lol.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky

See my above post. I never, and still haven’t, seen non mask wearing or anti vaccine people acting in that manner. The hatred came 95% from the pro-social distance/mask/vaccine crowd, now, yes, there’s lots of hatred on both sides, but it’s because the insane scared sky screamers pushed it.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I actually quit participating in an acoustic guitar forum I used to really enjoy because I couldn’t stand all the idiots berating others and bringing up Covid in every ****ing post.

One guy went into a very detailed description of his procedure for going out of his house, and even getting his mail and bringing it in! It was absolutely insane, and he wasn’t the only one. I even replied to his post with something along the lines of “c’mon, do you REALLY go through all of that just to run to the store for a gallon of milk”? And was met with a barrage of accusations ranging from calling me a Trumpist to a murderer, lol.
    At that point you might as well just mock them.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    At that point you might as well just mock them.
    I actually did, but anything I would post would be removed or edited by the sky screaming mods. About the same time, I found a similar site that would not allow even a hint of covid talk, and I haven’t logged in to the other joint for almost 2 years now.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    My SIL had an amazing set up in the early covid days. She made a decontamination air lock out of plastic. You went in one end, changed clothes, and then you could go into her house. Then she would go in, get the clothes, carry them through the house and put them in the washer for no less than three wash cycles. Her husband finally grew a little bit of a backbone when their water bill came in.

Top Bottom