• ...and so much more!
  • warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    I keep looking at the Tisas 1911 Manta Ray Duty B45B. Does anyone know if Ed Brown parts and grips work on it. Stradeling the fence is starting to get old so I have to jump one way or the other. I like the Tisas guns I have looked at but have not seen the Ed Brown cut yet. I like that it does not have a rail. What I understand is that after market 1911 parts work.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    From what I understand, the various Rays are all true Ed Brown cuts so those grips should fit. I just picked up my Devil Ray Friday but haven't done anything with it yet except clean and lube it. As long as the parts you want to use are Series 70 compatible, shouldn't be any problems.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Would yall buy a Tisas 1911 or save up a little more?
    This is my 3rd one. Bought a government model about 18 months ago, a B45 Carry earlier this year, and now the Devil Ray. I have shot all kinds of cheap junk ammo with no issues, other than some that had out of spec cases. FMJ and HPs, no problems. Other than the sights of the government model giving me fits with my (old) eyes, all are acceptably accurate. Even been carrying the B45 quite a bit this fall. The newer ones (less than 18 months old) are all machined parts with the exception of the recoil spring plug. All have used forged frames and slides, cold hammer forged barrels. Series 70 parts, and no proprietary parts. With all the variations and features they have it is going to take more than a little more to get a comparable gun, as 84VETTE said. So yes, I say go for it.

Top Bottom