• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fiddle

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Fishers
    So if there is a metal detector in a location that I am forced to walk through in order to do business etc., is that a violation of the 4th amendment - unlawful (unreasonable) search and seizure?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    No indication they were unable to staff it, and when they have been short-handed in the past, they have locked the door.
    let me rephrase. Since there was no bailiff, were you able to walk around it to get in or walk through it without issue because it was turned off?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Why does the town feel the need to fight this? If there's legitimately nothing in the building that falls under/within the categories typically present for such security, then it seems like a waste of the town's resources. Why fight to add security in a building that doesn't need secured statutorally? Ignorance? Power flex? Or is something or someone significant actually in that building, even if unofficially?

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Why does the town feel the need to fight this? If there's legitimately nothing in the building that falls under/within the categories typically present for such security, then it seems like a waste of the town's resources. Why fight to add security in a building that doesn't need secured statutorally? Ignorance? Power flex? Or is something or someone significant actually in that building, even if unofficially?
    Excellent question
    Maybe the only really pertinent question.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Follow the money.
    People in power like to feel important. And important people are targets of bad people so they feel they need protection.

Need I go on? I can probably find more lame excuses.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Follow the money.
    People in power like to feel important. And important people are targets of bad people so they feel they need protection.

I was thinking more along the lines of cronyism.

But as the little girl says; “why not both?”

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Follow the money.

I was kinda wondering if somebody like you describe might actually be in that building or does business in that building unofficially/off the record to maybe avoid public oversight or whatnot. I do own a foil hat...

Top Bottom