• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Are the Commissioners meetings streamed live? Asking for a:popcorn:.
    Yes, of course. Tippecanoe County and the City of Lafayette have been very good about this.

Here is the last meeting, drainage ditches, paying invoices, accepting contractor bills for paving roads, generator service for county buildings, re-zoning petitions, good grief, it's like having glue injected in your veins.

I don't think anything underhanded is going on here with the county, that's the City. These are pillars of the community who are serving their community. Imagine the Orvis or Dockers catalog come to life and is going to a meeting at the Chamber of Commerce.

I don't think they realize what is going on because they are focused on paying the bills, developing plans for growth of the county, personnel headaches, litigation against the county, etc., and have given no thought about whether it is legal to have metal detectors in the County Annex. They will give it thought now as Freeman the Rabble Rouser is yet again out in front of another demonstration (a well-dressed, behaved demonstration, but still a protest).

Please understand Tippecanoe County was very responsive to changing county parks policy, county property policy when Preemption 3.0 was passed. There was no argument and thus no litigation. They responded quickly to my argument. I am willing to talk again without running to the courthouse. If this was the City of Lafayette, lawsuits and injunction would have been filed quickly.

The Commissioners are the 3 men facing the camera, Doug Masson, County Attorney, is off to the left.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    1. Commissioners' Meeting on Monday, 7th.

2. Had depositions in Office of Prosecuting Attorney all morning. Metal detectors had been ripped out and removed from 111 North 4th Street.

Spoke with County Attorney. Advised that as long as metal detectors remained out of building there shall be no litigation.

If they go back in, I sue.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Will keep you updated. Apparently they are playing butthurt and keeping the doors locked at 111 North 4th Street. Unacceptable.

Please call and e-mail Tippecanoe County Commissioners Office and request that the doors be re-opened as this is a taxpayer funded building that needs to be open to the public.

purdue98

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2015
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    Today I walked a document over to the Prosecuting Attorney here in Lafayette at 111 North 4th Street (cattycorner from my office). Upon arrival I was told that the building was closed because of "staffing issues" and no one could run the metal detectors. Obviously we should not have metal detectors as there is no courtroom at 111 North 4th and it is time for me to take action on this.

We cannot allow the these Potemkinesque measures, such as unneeded metal detectors, interfere with the building we the taxpayers pay for and the metal detectors create a chilling effect on our civil rights.

I have just composed an e-mail to the County Attorney and the Commissioners. I shall report back when I receive a response.

My e-mail to Douglas Mason (Tippecanoe County Attorney)

Doug,

I have concerns over the closure of 111 North 4th Street today. I walked over to hand deliver a document to the Tippecanoe County Prosecuting Attorney and was advised by the bailiffs that 111 North 4th Street was closed as there were not enough security staff to man metal detectors in the building. While I got my signature thanks to the Deputy Prosecutor’s accommodations, I believe it is time again to discuss the metal detectors.

Given the removal of the tax stamp to exercise a constitutional right last year (July 1st, 2022) I think it is time to discuss removing the metal detectors and keeping the building open for public business.

Thanks much. When your schedule allows, please contact me.

Here is the letter you kindly provided me when we last spoke on this issue.

View attachment 279343

Kirk S. Freeman
    Attorney at Law
    Law Office of Kirk Freeman
    323 Columbia Street, Suite 100
    P.O. Box 1132
    Lafayette, Indiana 47902-1132
    (765) 429-7035
    Thank you for being PRO ACTIVE. For much too long we, the citizens have remained silent. I salute your courage.

Top Bottom