• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Today I walked a document over to the Prosecuting Attorney here in Lafayette at 111 North 4th Street (cattycorner from my office). Upon arrival I was told that the building was closed because of "staffing issues" and no one could run the metal detectors. Obviously we should not have metal detectors as there is no courtroom at 111 North 4th and it is time for me to take action on this.

We cannot allow the these Potemkinesque measures, such as unneeded metal detectors, interfere with the building we the taxpayers pay for and the metal detectors create a chilling effect on our civil rights.

I have just composed an e-mail to the County Attorney and the Commissioners. I shall report back when I receive a response.

My e-mail to Douglas Mason (Tippecanoe County Attorney)

Doug,

I have concerns over the closure of 111 North 4th Street today. I walked over to hand deliver a document to the Tippecanoe County Prosecuting Attorney and was advised by the bailiffs that 111 North 4th Street was closed as there were not enough security staff to man metal detectors in the building. While I got my signature thanks to the Deputy Prosecutor’s accommodations, I believe it is time again to discuss the metal detectors.

Given the removal of the tax stamp to exercise a constitutional right last year (July 1st, 2022) I think it is time to discuss removing the metal detectors and keeping the building open for public business.

Thanks much. When your schedule allows, please contact me.

Here is the letter you kindly provided me when we last spoke on this issue.

1685660744196.png

Kirk S. Freeman
    Attorney at Law
    Law Office of Kirk Freeman
    323 Columbia Street, Suite 100
    P.O. Box 1132
    Lafayette, Indiana 47902-1132
    (765) 429-7035

Last edited:

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    . . .
    We cannot allow the these Potemkinesque measures, such as unneeded metal detectors, interfere with the building we the taxpayers pay for and the metal detectors create a chilling effect on our civil rights.
    . . .
    [emphasis mine]

Nice choice to characterize it.
    For today's quiz, who knows the etymology of the word used here?
    Show of hands please. :wavey:

In tomorrow's quiz, we will ask who looked up "Potemkin". Clue: it's not about the namesake battleship.
    :laugh6:

Thanks for taking on Government Bureaucrats Gone Wild.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    "Well your honor, we think the man may one day decide that he wants to obtain a pistol brace, so we are going forward even though we are the ones breaking the law......"

As soon as the law got more complicated than the 10 Commandments, there has been a full time effort to corrupt them one way or another.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Well your honor, we think the man may one day decide that he wants to obtain a pistol brace, so we're are going forward even though we are the ones breaking the law......

As soon as the law got more complicated than the 10 Commandments, there has been a full time effort to corrupt them one way or another.

Meh, this is the county. Think Boss Hogg and Sheriff Roscoe, not Reinhard Heydrich (that's the City of Lafayette). Corruption on the lowest setting (Hanlon's Razor) rather than Evil.

The metal detectors were purchased likely from someone's cousin and someone got a deal on two so in addition to the courthouse they had to rationalize buying two so they put one in the Annex, EVEN THOUGH the County Attorney told that Rabble Rouser Freeman that people can carry in the Annex because we had to justify the purchase . . .

1685720194584.png

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    There is a Commissioners's Meeting this morning. Sent e-mail to Doug (County Attorney), my former neighbor. He is back from vacation so I hope to talk to him without having to talk to the Commissioners (got to be the worse job in politics)

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Spoke to the County Attorney. He will speak to the Commissioners. The initial chaff was the Prosecuting Attorney being a state agency. OK, then move the metal detectors to his office and stop preventing us from carrying where we can legally carry.

INGO, need your help. Please contact your Commissioners and express your desire to remove the metal detectors at 111 North 4th Street, County Annex Building. Be polite but tell them that these metal detectors serve no purpose, should not be used as an excuse to close the building and need to go.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I'm not sure I understand the rationale of the metal detectors. LTCH holders are legally permitted to enter with a handgun, per DJM's letter. Then why have a "metal detection device" at all? Because, Manifest, because....

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I'm not sure I understand the rationale of the metal detectors. LTCH holders are legally permitted to enter with a handgun, per DJM's letter. Then why have a "metal detection device" at all? Because, Manifest, because....
    Because they were allocated funds for a metal detector.
    That means it must be purchased, whether needed or not.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I gave them until July 4th to talk to me about a removal schedule. I will be patient with the county but it does have limits.

Gentlemen:

I wrote to you a couple of weeks ago regarding your plans for removing the metal detectors at 111 North 4th Street as they are becoming an excuse to shut down operations at 111 North 4th Street (County Annex Building) and they are in violation of IC 35-47-11.1-1 et seq. I have been far more patient with the County than I have when the City of Lafayette pulled preemption shenanigans a couple of months ago. I prefer to talk and avoid litigation.

Please advise on your plan to remove these metal detectors. I thank you for your time.

Kirk S. Freeman
    Attorney at Law
    Law Office of Kirk Freeman
    323 Columbia Street, Suite 100
    P.O. Box 1132
    Lafayette, Indiana 47902-1132
    (765) 429-7035

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Just a ramdom thought....
    "They have six ways from Sunday to get back at you". Just a rumor spread by some senator somewhere. Ostensibly not about a lawyer in Laffytown, but....
    They have made false reports about me. The Chief of Police tried to run me off the road.

*shrug*

Death is a certainty. Shame of living like a slave is optional.

Top Bottom