• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CorvetteTom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Shelbyville
    A friend sent this to me last night. I've been watching it over and over while considering and researching a bit. A 1928 Charlie Chaplain film that has, what appears to be, a woman walking and holding a cell phone type device and talking in it.

Open to discussion.... what say you?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hOX-3fHiiI]YouTube - Time traveler caught on tape in Charlie Chaplin film[/ame]

CorvetteTom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Shelbyville
    I didn't say whether I believed it or not.

Hypothesis... Not actually a 'cellphone', but possibly a communications device of some type. Didn't you see the Star Trek episode where they went back in time??? :D

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    I didn't say whether I believed it or not.

Hypothesis... Not actually a 'cellphone', but possibly a communications device of some type. Didn't you see the Star Trek episode where they went back in time??? :D

Yes I did. I have have it on tape somewhere at home. Looking at the vid and trying to find a mundane explanation though it looks like she might have been talking while holding something up to keep the sun out of her eyes.

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    What makes you think she needs cell towers with her technology? Blue tooth.. Phsshaww.. She just traveled through time, Its not like its a patented technology. Old school comm devices could be the culprit. How do you know she isn't holding on to a walkie talkie in a private fashion so to not attract to much attention with teh volume down? Or some other futuristic comm device that doesn't work on the "cell tower" wave system. Maybe it calls through time too.

images

You guys are no fun. Have an imagination!

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    What makes you think she needs cell towers with her technology? Blue tooth.. Phsshaww.. She just traveled through time, Its not like its a patented technology. Old school comm devices could be the culprit. How do you know she isn't holding on to a walkie talkie in a private fashion so to not attract to much attention with teh volume down? Or some other futuristic comm device that doesn't work on the "cell tower" wave system. Maybe it calls through time too.

images

You guys are no fun. Have an imagination!

OK, so, presupposing one might travel through time, why go to the making of a Charlie Chaplin film? I can think of about a million more interesting and profitable things to do with time travel.

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    Maybe she uses her time machine to beam the data back to the future.

Or it could just be an old lady with an ear ache and dementia talking to herself.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Looks more like someone holding a cold compress against their face. Though, I do like the current "hearing aid" theory. Sounds pretty plausible to me.

Besides, if you could time travel, would you be using some cruddy old cell phone to talk?

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    If you could TRAVEL THROUGH TIME, why would you even need a device to hold in your hand to communicate? Seems like it would be something smaller, or an implant or something.

I've watched it and watched it and I don't see a physical device, just a cupped hand. Seems like a common mannerism to me.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    If you could TRAVEL THROUGH TIME, why would you even need a device to hold in your hand to communicate? Seems like it would be something smaller, or an implant or something.

I've watched it and watched it and I don't see a physical device, just a cupped hand. Seems like a common mannerism to me.

I find it funny when I see old movies set in the "future" which is now and they depict flying cars and robots and beam weapons, but when they need to communicate they use a microphone attached to a cord and the computers have reels of magnetic tape.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Yes.

Furthermore, the UFO's that are being spotted are terrestrial. :twocents:

They are time machines from the future.

Humanities children are looking back and laughing at us in our stupid infancy.

Wouldn't you like to go back and see the dinosaurs?

(now I must be off to the mental health thread)

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I find it funny when I see old movies set in the "future" which is now and they depict flying cars and robots and beam weapons, but when they need to communicate they use a microphone attached to a cord and the computers have reels of magnetic tape.

No one could have possibly forseen the FAA being so draconian. I don't blame the film makers.

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    OK, so, presupposing one might travel through time, why go to the making of a Charlie Chaplin film? I can think of about a million more interesting and profitable things to do with time travel.

Maybe she had wood for Chaplin films and bet her space bridge club girlfriends she could walk through one talking to them without anyone noticing.

TOO BAD LADY! I CAUGHT YOU RED HANDED!:noway:

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    If time travel ever becomes possible then I will travel back in time and edit this post so that it does not contain the misspelled word.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom