• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    [video=youtube;YZuMe5RvxPQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZuMe5RvxPQ&list=RDYZuMe5RvxPQ&index=1[/video]

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Who is Iran acting against?
    Who is their opponent?

Us. We pulled out of the Nuclear Deal and re-imposed sanctions. Iran is making the rest of the world pay the price. Everyone else is either going to have to wave a bigger carrot at Iran or we're going to have to re-enter the deal.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Us. We pulled out of the Nuclear Deal and re-imposed sanctions. Iran is making the rest of the world pay the price. Everyone else is either going to have to wave a bigger carrot at Iran or we're going to have to re-enter the deal.

You mean the agreement that they were violating anyway? Good riddance to bad rubbish. So what if we pulled out of it? What's stopping them from trading with the other signatories? We weren't the only party to that agreement. Pretty obvious that the others agree with us if they're going along with the sanctions. They just didn't have the cajones to pull out themselves. Now they get to blame us.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Pulling out of the Iran deal was a case of 3 dimensional checkers by the Administration. Probably not a great move.

Having said that, Iran is acting like Somali Pirates. I say blow their asses to Kingdom Come!

We can avoid a ground war and keep it in the air over Iran. But, Israel might not exist after the ensuing battles.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Pulling out of the Iran deal was a case of 3 dimensional checkers by the Administration. Probably not a great move.

Having said that, Iran is acting like Somali Pirates. I say blow their asses to Kingdom Come!

We can avoid a ground war and keep it in the air over Iran. But, Israel might not exist after the ensuing battles.
    I think Israel could take care of business themselves as long as Russia stayed out of it.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I don't know. It depends on who else might enter the fray.

But, it's time to put the Iran theocracy back on its heels. Blow up infrastructure until the citizens change the regime.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't know. It depends on who else might enter the fray.

But, it's time to put the Iran theocracy back on its heels. Blow up infrastructure until the citizens change the regime.
    Well, that's the idea behind the sanctions, but yeah, a few explosions for emphasis might be effective. ;)

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010

Why would we pull out? Who made the choice? For what desired results?
    And that list of nations with Iran on the end of the list...
    That list came from who?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Why must the US be the world police? British flagged tanker....let Britain get involved. Liberian tanker....let Liberia deal with it
    Not the USAs problem in my opinion.

This is why so many countries hate us. We're always sticking our nose where it doesn't belong

Seize an American flagged tanker....then its on!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Why must the US be the world police? British flagged tanker....let Britain get involved. Liberian tanker....let Liberia deal with it
    Not the USAs problem in my opinion.

This is why so many countries hate us. We're always sticking our nose where it doesn't belong

Seize an American flagged tanker....then its on!
    Except it seems that oil tankers are never flagged from their true country of origin. I still don't understand it but I think someone tried to explain it to me (maybe even in this thread somewwhere). It's always something like "The Swiss-owned, Panamanian-flagged tanker" or some such.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I was going to rhetorically ask if the Brits bomb Iran would it still be Trumps fault but I see the blame has already been cast.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I was going to rhetorically ask if the Brits bomb Iran would it still be Trumps fault but I see the blame has already been cast.

I don't know how many times I have to tell everyone that everything bad that happens in the world is America's fault.

Of course that doesn't stop them from asking for our help to fix all the problems.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

No no, the tanker was taken by CIA operatives and blamed on Iran just like the mine attacks on the other tankers.
    It’s all part of Trumps master plan for war with Iran so we can get their oil.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

The other five members of the JCPOA are still falling all over themselves to do business with Iran, to the extent they were trying to come up with some kind of barter system so they could do business with Iran without actually going through the banking system (ISTE)

But they can't force their companies to do business with Iran (well, at least the ones not Russian or Chinese) and the US has made it plain that corporations must choose between access to the US market and trading with Iran, they can't do both. Virtually all western companies have chosen not to trade with Iran

Iran is punishing their friends. Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I heard that Iran took it because …there’s a light on the ship that won’t light on one side. So they're taking it home to their workshop. They’ll fix it up there, then they’ll bring it back.

Now get a drink and go back to bed.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You mean the agreement that they were violating anyway? Good riddance to bad rubbish. So what if we pulled out of it? What's stopping them from trading with the other signatories? We weren't the only party to that agreement. Pretty obvious that the others agree with us if they're going along with the sanctions. They just didn't have the cajones to pull out themselves. Now they get to blame us.

This isn't correct. Iran was in compliance. The president's own people said as much. We pulled out anyways.

Top Bottom