• ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Unbelievable. Attacking someone for garage sale goods, what are they gaining? Would have been quite a surprise for the attacker if the homeowner had been properly prepared.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    You know he'll do it again. Next time someone might get seriously hurt.

Let's hope it's the dirt-bag, and not another little old lady.

Wish I'd have been walking my dog by there that day...

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Unbelievable. Attacking someone for garage sale goods, what are they gaining? Would have been quite a surprise for the attacker if the homeowner had been properly prepared.

I didn't read the article but could have been attacking for the cash? I know of some garage sales that net over $1k if they have enough "good stuff"...

FWIW, when we have garage sales I carry all the time and we routinely raid the cash box to keep the amount low enough that it wouldn't matter if we were robbed...

Jomibe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I would say "what the hell is the world coming to" -- but this kind of crap has probably always happened, it just didn't make the news.

Guy is trash scum, regardless.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Morons, I've got morons on my team. You don't rob the garage sale BEFORE the garage sale, they've got no money BEFORE the garage sale. After the garage sale, when they've made the money, THAT's when you rob the garage sale.

borrowed/slightly updated from Percy Garris, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

note to self, CC at next year's yard sale***, and before.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    I didn't read the article but could have been attacking for the cash? I know of some garage sales that net over $1k if they have enough "good stuff"...

FWIW, when we have garage sales I carry all the time and we routinely raid the cash box to keep the amount low enough that it wouldn't matter if we were robbed...

She had a dollar and some change.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    A guy I worked for always said Give them the cash register. If there wasn't enough cash right them a check. The money isn't worth dying for I think about it from time to time. But I know I am to old to take an a$$ whipping.

1911 mike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    3rd rock from the sun
    I open carry during our sale. I have some fake video cameras that do nothing but move side to side with a blinking red lite on both of them. One Mexican family showed up with 8 people walking all over the garage. My wife and I could not keep track of them and as it turned out the small 8 year old boy swiped a watch but I caught him before he could get to there car. His father tried to get tuff about it but when he saw the open carry .45 he became so passive. worked for me..got my watch back.. thanks

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    This is why I carry everywhere I go. Including the garage sale we had recently. And keep the cash register "trim" so if something does happen you're not out all your money. Of course if all you have is a dollar something and aren't armed and the thug gets pissed...
    On a side note, +1 to the dog.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I don't hold garage sales at my house. I don't like people snooping through my garage. I either sell on-line or donate items. Years ago (at least 15 or more) we never made enough money to make it worth it to waste an entire Saturday. We just don't own that much crap. We have a "donation" bag in the garage, we have taught our kids to put stuff in it when they no longer have a use for it. If it is to rough, we just pitch it.

Makes for a simple life. Just the way I like it.

It is too bad that this kind of stuff happens, too bad she wasn't armed, it may have ended with another POS off the street or dead.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Our neighbors do group yard sales at times. Several folks watching the store. My wife loves these things as does the daughter. I hate them as the general public can be a pain in the butt.
    We are getting over run with "Things" and "Stuff" so it may be time to have another sale.
    With the increase of zombie activity in the area we always carry.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Now this Home owner should have taken OUR Vice-president Joe Brainddead advice.
    She should have stood there with her Double barrel shotgun.

Top Bottom