• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Nice story and great pic of your dad and his patrol car. You should consider getting the pic and the bullets mounted some way.

On another not, I had nearly forgotten about those fins until I heard a radio story on them in the last couple of weeks. I guess a detroit auto exec was impressed with the P-38 and its "twin tails" during WWII, so he started putting them on the cars he was responsible for! Amazing...

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Interesting story, it is something the way a small point in history could have changed so much of the future.. Thanks.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Awesome story and part of history. Thanks for sharing. Having met you all, it really hits home. Couldn't imagine no Mr. and Mrs. Lovemywoods, or Esrice and Treefrog.

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    nice story i wish i would have had the 3 rounds use to murder my dad ... he was a retired sherriff in washington county

I remember those three rounds vividly. April 1, 1981 if I remember correctly. I was caddy corner to it. Goes to show what happens when someone gets out b/c he was insane when he committed a crime.

lon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Top, Dead Center
    ...They appear to have been struck twice.
    33jjwcg.jpg

Very neat story. I know you will hand down those cartridges as true family treasures.

The two marks on each primer appear to have the exact same orientation. I wonder if they were made with one strike from a defective hammer and/or (as someone mentioned) a pistol with bad timing.

92FS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Phoenix
    I had heard the story many years ago. I'm glad I have the actual rounds to pass down to my grandchildren.

If I might suggest, in addition to passing down the actual rounds, a video of your dad re-telling the story would really be a treasure for the ages.

My family found some old forgotten cassette tapes I converted to CD of my grandmother telling stories of her childhood and growing up in the late 1800's and early 1900's on the Iowa prairie. My uncle was near to tears the first time he heard his mother's voice again after all these years she's been gone.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    If I might suggest, in addition to passing down the actual rounds, a video of your dad re-telling the story would really be a treasure for the ages.

My family found some old forgotten cassette tapes I converted to CD of my grandmother telling stories of her childhood and growing up in the late 1800's and early 1900's on the Iowa prairie. My uncle was near to tears the first time he heard his mother's voice again after all these years she's been gone.

i give you rep points for that idea...a great thing for the future generations!

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    nice story i wish i would have had the 3 rounds use to murder my dad ... he was a retired sherriff in washington county

I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

Nice story and great pic of your dad and his patrol car. You should consider getting the pic and the bullets mounted some way.

Both of these sound like great ideas. And please tell your dad, Thank You for his service.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Great story. I'm thankful that there were and are such men and women who stand for what is right and risk so much. Give your dad a pat on the back for me.

Top Bottom