• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • garni

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2018
    New Albany
    it funny how society has made it tabu to sell a firearm.
    Just make sure they have an Indiana drivers license then sell the dang thing.
    AA
    I prefer to make sure that they have a permit to carry. This shows that they are not prohibited to carry or buy handguns.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I prefer to make sure that they have a permit to carry. This shows that they are not prohibited to carry or buy handguns.
    It shows that they weren't when they received the LTCH. No guarantee they still are.

I am sure there are folks who own guns but choose to not get the LTCH, and now it is no longer a requirement to carry.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You could also infer that a person who passed a background check just hasn't been caught yet. How paranoid do you want to be?
    How easy to fake a pink card, the pink card was nothing for years, because it looks like it is your ID that gets ran if you get checked out by authorities, not the pink card.

Stavman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Jeffersonville
    I've been buying and selling on the private side in Ohio, KY, and IN now since I moved over here. I don't make a BOS or write anything down. Now I do try and force the conversation into text and keep that conversation saved with buyers name and what they bought from me. If they seem shady I move on. I'm sure I've sold a couple of guns a year for the last 15 years, I've never had a call or visit from ATF. I've really only had one issue over the years was with this idiot that bought FN 5.7, and then broke it tried to get me to refund him. I did the deal close to my office and I guess he went driving around till he found my car. I had some choice words with him and it never came up again.

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    I sometimes request sellers bring the gun unloaded, lol

back in the day I was getting a SKS in trade. guy shows up and fishes it out from behind his seat of extended cab truck, which he says has been there for a few weeks. he proceeds to pull the bolt back and a round falls to the WalMart parking lot. 30rd banana was full. Before leaving I asked if he knew much about the firing pin on that gun, which he responded "the what?"

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    I sometimes request sellers bring the gun unloaded, lol

back in the day I was getting a SKS in trade. guy shows up and fishes it out from behind his seat of extended cab truck, which he says has been there for a few weeks. he proceeds to pull the bolt back and a round falls to the WalMart parking lot. 30rd banana was full. Before leaving I asked if he knew much about the firing pin on that gun, which he responded "the what?"

Did he include the bonus ammo too I hope. A glob of cosmoline in the wrong place could have gotten one more hapless s.o.b.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    On either end of the sale, I clear the firearm carefully and count the money twice in front of the other party.

When i lived in IN, I bought and sold some guns on here. Some sellers posted in their add that they wanted to see the pink card and i brought mine, but i don't think anyone ever actually asked to see it or dl at the sale.

It might just be me, but about half the people i met through the classies showed up, not in uniform, but driving marked cars.

I universally had excellent experiences buying and selling on here. I got some great deals on some stuff and quickly raised money when i needed to.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I am not strictly opposed to showing docs, requiring paperwork or recording IDs.

If i showed up at a meet and the other party starts changing the deal , I am going to probably walk.

If the other party wants payment all in $2 bills or wants me to sign something, we can work that out in the negotiations, not the meetup.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Meet the guy/girl in person. If they don't give me a weird feeling and they have cash the stuff is theirs.
    I've only ever sold to people in INGO who have a good active record and good feedback. Never had an issue.

Judamonster

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2022
    I check for a drivers liscence if buying or selling and follow my intuition. That's it and all I am required to do by law and personal needs. Why complicate life?

AlVine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2014
    Owen Co.
    When I lived in Illinois I had to record the buyer's name, DOB, address, FOID card number, make, model, and serial number of the gun, shoe size, date of sale etc. and keep it for at least ten years. I also had to observe the state's mandatory waiting period. Now that I live in Indiana I follow Indiana law, if the buyer is an Indiana resident, and I have no reason to suspect they are prohibited from owning firearms, I can sell one to them. It's much easier.

Don't fall into the trap of obeying laws that aren't even written, that makes petty bureaucrats very happy.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I typically ask if they are residents of Indiana. Most have offered to flash their dl to price it. I accept but don't make a big deal out of it. If they say yes I take them at their word.

A few years ago I was selling to a guy, his license plate on his truck was from west Virginia. So I asked if he was a resident and had just moved to Indy bc the army or something. It felt just a little off so I asked if he would show me his Indiana dl.
    He pulled out his dl and even showed me his ltch. Stating he totally understood why I asked for it. Super nice guy I wonder how's he doing forgot his name. So if you're reading this I hope you enjoyed the pf9 more than me.

Top Bottom