• jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    1 what accusations did I make?
    2 when did I say anything about "knowing better"
    3 i owe you nothing and won't be reporting anything to you...this was a post asking how do you handle private sale...I responded with my way of doing it....you are the one who had a problem with how I sale my property and are the one acting like you "know better"....opinions are like assholes everyone has one and they all ****ing stink...now since obviously your parents didn't teach you I will...if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all...now gtfo somewhere with you holly that thou ********
    Ok...settle down, hoss. You're new here and this isn't the first time this topic has come up. People here are very willing to defend their opinion, and, you asked for them, literally. If you don't like the fact that people don't go to the same level of effort as you, it doesn't mean that they "don't care" about the law. They (myself included) do the legal requirements and nothing more. What you do is your business. If/when you ever post something for sale here, please be sure you include your requirements in the add.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I follow the BATF rules PERIOD. If they have an Indiana drivers license showing they are 18 or older AND I "do not know or have any reason to believe they are Illegal to own a firearm" we are good to go! (BATF does not require any farther checking - in fact a common citizen is not allowed to look at the persons legality via the background check.)

That is what is required by the BATF, I see zero reason to do anything more - I feel we have way more laws / rules than needed already.
    Most criminals either steal a firearm, trade a gang member for one or otherwise obtain one illegally.

This... and I won't buy from anyone that requires more than this.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    In no particular order:

The horse is not dead, still being chased, but never caught. It's a tough old horse.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Private sale needs to be in state.
    A sale from a FFL / Gun store is a bit different. A handgun must be in the same state. A long gun can be a bordering state.

When you "buy a gun online" the firearm is shipped to a FFL/Gun store in your state. You go there and fill out the 4473 and pay the transfer fee.

As far as the actual code for the laws, I don't have time to dig them up right now. Maybe another member could post them.
    Long gun sales from/through a ffl no longer have to be in a bordering state, as long as the sale is legal in both states.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    3 i owe you nothing and won't be reporting anything to you...this was a post asking how do you handle private sale...I responded with my way of doing it....you are the one who had a problem with how I sale my property and are the one acting like you "know better"....opinions are like assholes everyone has one and they all ****ing stink...now since obviously your parents didn't teach you I will...if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all...now gtfo somewhere with you holly that thou ********

Let me help you out here, my friend. You might want to tread a bit more cautiously when dealing with a seasoned crowd of folks who've been at this a while. Especially being the brand new kid on the playground. :n00b:

As posted above more than once, a lot of us who have a fair amount of classifieds trading under our belts go to post history first to check out just who we might possibly be dealing with. You should be careful about your words, they tell a lot about you.

A lot of us who trade in the classifieds will just pass over others who might be bringing drama to the trade. It just isn't worth whatever "great deal" might be offered to have to mess with whatever that drama might just be the tip of.

Just some words to the wise sir. :oldwise: Hope you take it well...

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Our motto here at INGO is, “No horse is too dead to beat.” Okay that’s actually my motto :rofl:

I was wondering where this thread was going. :shady:
    Sorry I started it. Haha. Kill it

Honestly, threads like this are very very helpful to those of us who trade in the classifieds with frequency. We need to know who we are dealing with (or not.)

Information like this is much better learned in advance than dropped on you after an hour drive to a meet. A meet that was supposed to go smoothly, but got real complicated by poor communication.

Even if the deal never came to driving or meeting, a LOT of time can be waisted in sale item research, let alone PM conversations, waiting for reply, etc.

It's much better to develop a "yeah or neigh" early in your interest for the shiny object for sale in the classy's, by vetting the seller's post history.

Last edited:

brdhntr37

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    I agree 100%. Without being able to vet someone and the conceal carry requirement, I was just trying to see general concensus. Unfortunately, once threads with specific questions get enough answers, they tend to get a little off topic

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

Congrats MrNewVegas, you bested the record :thumbsup: . You've been here less than three weeks and made my ignore list. There's no excuse for the diatribe above but if you understood that you wouldn't have went off on someone you didn't know.. I'll just say Bless your heart and be on my way, :fogey: is that nice enough for you?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I agree 100%. Without being able to vet someone and the conceal carry requirement, I was just trying to see general concensus. Unfortunately, once threads with specific questions get enough answers, they tend to get a little off topic
    Oh, your post is helpful. It brought some butters out of the woodwork. Thank you.

Top Bottom