• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chefjerome

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have Alien Gear 4.0 IWB holster for my CZ P07 and considering getting something less bulky. The P07 itself is already a larger gun than my M&P Shield that I carry in warmer weather so the bulkier holster doesn’t help. I’ve only used it a couple times and it’s hard to use if I’m wearing pants with a drawstring or something other than jeans with a lighter fabric. Anyone have another recommendation? I’ve been looking at Eclipse IWB but at $80-100 a pop I don’t want to order too many holsters just to not like them. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_0056.jpeg
      IMG_0056.jpeg
      1.5 MB · Views: 14

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    With holsters you almost always get what you pay for and alien gear is a perfect example of that. Yes it can get expensive but good gear is worth it, seldom do very many "do all" holsters like the 4.0 manage to do anything very well at all. I am a fan of leather myself and use multiple sparks , their Versamax and Criterion are two of the best designed IWB holsters ever designed. Metal reinforced mouth and hand molded so it's as rigid as kydex with none of that pesky wear.

wSaFcm4.jpg

P365X with a 507k and Wilson grip module , I am 5'9 and 165# with a 32" waist for reference

cavallo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2023
    Brownsburg
    You mentioned Alien Gear. I don't know much about the model you reference but if it is one of their modular thingies, I'm not surprised. When AG came out with those I couldn't help think how gimmicky and BULKEY they look. I have the older Cloak Tuck model (still made) and it doesn't really have any "extra" bulk - it is just a backing with a kydex shell and screws (and clips.)

They do have a good warranty. Maybe you can send back what you bought and try the Cloak Tuck for free.

I tried an inexpensive IWB leather holster with belt clip from Muddy River and was not impressed with it.

I don't spend much on holsters so Dean C may be right-on.

For close-fitting OWB however, I love the Bravo Concealment.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have Alien Gear 4.0 IWB holster for my CZ P07 and considering getting something less bulky. The P07 itself is already a larger gun than my M&P Shield that I carry in warmer weather so the bulkier holster doesn’t help. I’ve only used it a couple times and it’s hard to use if I’m wearing pants with a drawstring or something other than jeans with a lighter fabric. Anyone have another recommendation? I’ve been looking at Eclipse IWB but at $80-100 a pop I don’t want to order too many holsters just to not like them. Thanks in advance!
    I'm not sure there is an IWB that's going to handle pants with a draw string vs a good belt designed to carry a gun, if you are in fact not wearing a belt. I've seen people mention the phlster enigma for that situation, but don't see that they make one for a P07.

That said, the hybrid (leather and kydex) holsters aren't going to be trim as far as width goes, however I find them very comfortable. For the cost conscious, check out Crossbreed-seconds.com. They don't have every permutation that they have on their standard website, but prices are good. Not sure if they make a mini tuck for the P07 or if you'd have to go super. Combat cut recommended if you have to go super, and I prefer Founder's Leather, but I'm sure horse hide is nice as well.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I have a Crossbreed Rekoning for my P-07 and an AG (I think super tuck 3.0?) for my PCR. The Crossbreed is a more compact holster and I like both but always wear a sturdy gun belt. I have been considering getting a “pocket pistol” for those times I have gym shorts or sweats on but would still never carry without a pocket holster. Before I put a dot on my P365 I would occasionally carry it in a pocket holster but that was really rare.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Get the 3.5 it's much better.
    I have worn it about everyday for years and I work outside year-round. I have used it to carry CZ P10F, PSA Dagger FS, 1911's, Springfield XD Tactical 45, S&W Shield 45, Canik TP9DA, and several others over the years.
    I've tried many others and this is my favorite.
    If you do outdoor labor this is your holster.
    I imagine it'd be comfortable for office types too. ;)

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    I've been carrying a handgun for 35 years. I agree with WebSnyper. You probably aren't going to be able to carry a handgun the weight of a CZ P07 without utilizing a gun belt. I've carried a Glock 19/23/32 IWB in dress pants with a proper belt. For pants with a drawstring, you're probably going to have to use something smaller and lighter in a pocket holster. I suppose you could utilize a fanny pack holster to carry a heavier handgun. I think fanny packs are back in style.

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    wear a Daltech SuperBio Belt belt.
    FTFY. I have one and have worn it every day since I got it 7 years ago. Best part about it is the are made in Indiana (unless something has changed.)

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    FTFY. I have one and have worn it every day since I got it 7 years ago. Best part about it is the are made in Indiana (unless something has changed.)

I like leather, its just my preference. I can't even fathom trying to carry any firearm, let alone a full size with sweat pants.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I like leather but the price was right and it still looks brand new. I am like you, I can't fathom carrying wearing sweat pants.
    I've had an Alien gear for a number of years, and it is my EDC holster, I've traded the shells for several guns, only costs postage...For sweat pants I carry a small pocket gun.
    The version I have has the leather back, and Kydex shell, it has molded to my fat shape, and it carries well. I do have cheaper holsters (who doesn't) that I use for various guns, but the A-G is a great one for me....YMMV

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    I've had an Alien gear for a number of years, and it is my EDC holster, I've traded the shells for several guns, only costs postage...For sweat pants I carry a small pocket gun.
    The version I have has the leather back, and Kydex shell, it has molded to my fat shape, and it carries well. I do have cheaper holsters (who doesn't) that I use for various guns, but the A-G is a great one for me....YMMV
    I have Alien Gear holsters as well and they work well for me also.

DirtRoadEvan

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 20, 2020
    Indianapolis
    May take some getting used to, it's always going to feel a bit more cumbersome than the smaller gun. Carrying a full size takes some commitment unless you are a big dude. A lot of holsters are pretty adjustable and I would suggest trying different ride heights and cants etc. I am always surprised how much difference that can make. Probably won't be able to get by with sweat pants like others have said. A good belt will go a long way, but unfortunately to can't go to the local store and try on a bunch of holater since there are way too many options so it seems we all end up with a drawer full of not quite right holsters. I have had good luck with Tier one stuff.

Top Bottom