Thought I had a break-in (Plumbing Question)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I know, the title is kinda strange, but let me explain..

I was feeling a little under the weather last night and went to bed a little early, still all bundled in my flannel lounge pants and sweatshirt. I wake up around 2am sweating a ton, and in my foggy awakeness I sit up, pull off my sweatshirt and feel how sweaty it is..

I figure I should grab a glass of water, so I put on my slippers and creep into the kitchen. I fumble to find the cabinet with glasses in it, pull one down, take a sidestep towards the sink, and turn on the faucet, and then..

WHAM!

Cold water. In my face. I kinda stumble back, duck down to keep from getting any more water, then try to decode what just happened.. Was I being shot by a super-soaker gang? Could I return fire with my "keep the cat off the table" squirt bottle?? Then, of course, I start to realize that I'm alone in the kitchen.. I kinda duckwalked over a step and looked up, and it turns out the little sprayer thingy attached to the sink was spraying. Realizing that I wasn't under attack by any squirtgun-toting thugs, I turned off the sink to evaluate.

Turns out, the little sprayer doohicker is sticking. I just got off the phone with Moen who said they could send me a new one for $35 plus shipping, so I told them I'd think about it... is there a way to remedy this myself?? Maybe like a foodsafe grease or something??

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    if its a standard kitchen sprayer, you should be able to pick one up for less than $10 at any hardware store.

Shut off the water supply under the sink, off with the old, on with the new. The entire swap out should take less than 15 minutes. Barring any corrosion issues with the shutoff valve etc.

:yesway:

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    you sure your wife didn't do the old "tape down the sprayer trigger and point it in the users direction" trick on you??? thats always classic... make sure the tape is the same color as the sprayer though. electrical for black, duck tape for silver, and the colored duck tape for whatever other colors.. :)

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    you sure your wife didn't do the old "tape down the sprayer trigger and point it in the users direction" trick on you??? thats always classic... make sure the tape is the same color as the sprayer though. electrical for black, duck tape for silver, and the colored duck tape for whatever other colors.. :)

That is definitely the first thing that came to mind as soon as I read "Cold water. In the face."

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    I know, the title is kinda strange, but let me explain..

I was feeling a little under the weather last night and went to bed a little early, still all bundled in my flannel lounge pants and sweatshirt. I wake up around 2am sweating a ton, and in my foggy awakeness I sit up, pull off my sweatshirt and feel how sweaty it is..

I figure I should grab a glass of water, so I put on my slippers and creep into the kitchen. I fumble to find the cabinet with glasses in it, pull one down, take a sidestep towards the sink, and turn on the faucet, and then..

WHAM!

Cold water. In my face. I kinda stumble back, duck down to keep from getting any more water, then try to decode what just happened.. Was I being shot by a super-soaker gang? Could I return fire with my "keep the cat off the table" squirt bottle?? Then, of course, I start to realize that I'm alone in the kitchen.. I kinda duckwalked over a step and looked up, and it turns out the little sprayer thingy attached to the sink was spraying. Realizing that I wasn't under attack by any squirtgun-toting thugs, I turned off the sink to evaluate.

Turns out, the little sprayer doohicker is sticking. I just got off the phone with Moen who said they could send me a new one for $35 plus shipping, so I told them I'd think about it... is there a way to remedy this myself?? Maybe like a foodsafe grease or something??

check menards & lowes.. they sometimes stock replacement parts..
    is it just the spray head ?

Mrs. Hoppes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    New Goshen
    I was finally able to explain your situation to my husband with only a small amount of laughter. (Super-soaker toting thugs)

He said "Rural King. $10 part. 5 minute fix."

Top Bottom