• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OmarR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2012
    Westfield
    Rained so hard for so long yesterday (June 17) that many of the roads in my subdivision were flooded and deemed impassible. Storm drains couldn't handle the rate of fall plus the runoff.

Today the rain was hard enough to turn my backyard into a nice lake again thanks to the county grading the road behind my house in the wrong direction. Instead of draining away from my property and to the main drain, it is graded toward my yard. And to top it off, the drain leading to the lines under the road is an inch or so above ground level.

Last night I bought a blueprint for an ark.

Village Farms? Centennial?

I saw all that crazy flooding on local FB pages. I am in Countryside and thankfully my corner never gets flooded.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Just out checking my range
    5ZuKtZwl.jpg

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    The rain and all of the road work being done in Porter county is ridiculous. US 30 in Valpo west of the University is down to one lane each way. US 6 in Portage is down to one lane each way from Airport to Willowreek. Driving to Valpo this morning a lot of the side roads I take were almost flooded over. Lucky I have the Jeep and was able to slowly get through the water. And as of later this morning Willowcreek is closed from 6 to 700 due to flooding.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ...Lucky I have the Jeep...

Same thing this guy thought right down the road from me back in February, 2018.

Right up until he didn't:laugh:...

117d3b68-0b4d-4647-ab2b-b4b1bb31eb8d-medium16x9_gertg3erghw.JPG

Fortunately for him, a neighboring farmer drove his big John Deere tractor down there and retrieved him from the roof of his Jeep.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Village Farms? Centennial?

I saw all that crazy flooding on local FB pages. I am in Countryside and thankfully my corner never gets flooded.

Sorry, brain fade. Village Farms. Greyhound Pass was closed for a while. Major east-west road for those not in the area.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Same thing this guy thought right down the road from me back in February, 2018.

Right up until he didn't:laugh:...

Fortunately for him, a neighboring farmer drove his big John Deere tractor down there and retrieved him from the roof of his Jeep.

sounds like one of our execs. He thought he could drive his brand new BMW M3 with all the options through some standing water on the city street behind our office. He misjudged and flooded it out. (along with one of our techs in his service van) Pretty sure he aspirated water into the engine. Thats gonna leave a mark.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Was over by Wooster.
    Race track and fair grounds were flooded.
    Horses evac'd.
    Rain on the way.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    No rain Friday :woot:

Down by Lake Monroe, the forecast says maybe a 30% chance around five this afternoon. I know I'm asking a lot, but can I please just have one Summer day? Give us a day with 0% chance of rain where we don't have to check the forecast every hour for changing conditions, and when the sun comes up, can it actually be warm with no fog or haze.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    I think the world is ending, there's something wrong with the sky this morning. It's blue and really bright, not gray and raining! OMG WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO? RUN FOR THE LOWLANDS.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    I think the world is ending, there's something wrong with the sky this morning. It's blue and really bright, not gray and raining! OMG WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO? RUN FOR THE LOWLANDS.

Right? I was kind of confused when that giant orange ball appeared on the horizon this morning. :):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    When I checked this morning, there was a 30% chance of rain. Guess what. It's raining like a champ right now.

Yeah, the bulk of it appears to be staying down your way. I want it to dry out too, but if it's gonna rain, I want thunder and lightning at least. Just a light drizzle up here in Indy.

Top Bottom