• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    During heavy rain my sump pit used to cycle every six seconds or so. Now that I have a 9’ sump pit out by my pool it was cycling every 2 mins during rains last night

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    It's not just Indiana, either. We were in SD the first week of June on a prairie dog trip. Main road to the lodge was flooded and the alternate route was not much better. We couldn't even get to the dog towns and never uncased a rifle.

Tornado watch right now for much of central IN.

Me and my family were in SD first week of June also. We were in the Black Hills and Badlands areas though. Seen a few prairie dog towns in the Badlands. As you said, there were several areas where water was across the road. We never had to detour though as it was only about a couple inches deep. Lots of farmers are going to turn over to their insurance this year and we're gonna feel it at the grocery later on. There were LOTS of acres in Missouri, Kansas, and Iowa that we seen on our way there and back that hadn't been touched yet.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I heard it's been 17 weekends in a row that it rained either Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.

Haven't been out to the property in over a month. My patience with urban dwellers is about exhausted.

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    We’ll most likely lose 700-800 acres of corn and soybeans due to flooding from yesterday’s rain. Too bad people don’t understand that rice jokes aren’t the least bit funny farmers.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    We’ll most likely lose 700-800 acres of corn and soybeans due to flooding from yesterday’s rain. Too bad people don’t understand that rice jokes aren’t the least bit funny farmers.

There's fields around us that are usually at least waist high this time of year that haven't even been planted yet. Family members farm about 1000 acres in Rush county and they've only managed to plant about 1/2 this year.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

Sorry to hear that. I gripe about the rain we've had and it being an inconvenience but the much more drastic side is the farmers who haven't been able to get all the seed planted or who have lost much of what has been planted due to the rain. Unfortunately nothing we can do about it. But I am sure we will all feel some pain from it at the grocery.
    How late in the season can corn & soy beans etc be planted and harvested?

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Sorry to hear that. I gripe about the rain we've had and it being an inconvenience but the much more drastic side is the farmers who haven't been able to get all the seed planted or who have lost much of what has been planted due to the rain. Unfortunately nothing we can do about it. But I am sure we will all feel some pain from it at the grocery.
    How late in the season can corn & soy beans etc be planted and harvested?
    Were past the time to plant/replant corn. As far as soybeans, were getting pretty late once we figure in the time it’ll take for the river to go down and the fields dry out. We’ll try to replant with soybeans if we can, but the forecast the next week or two doesn’t look very good for drying anything out.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    One night last weekend down at Friendship we got 5 inches or so. Not a terrible problem except that the bridge over to the association's offices and the museum plugged up from debris washing down the hillside. That sent water, branches, and 5 and 6 inch boulders up and over the road and right through our campsite on it's way down to Laughery creek. I was awakened by the fabulous Johnston boys looking for coolers and mats and stuff that had washed away. The poor Illini next door never did find their.cooler lid. It was really something.
    This morning they were posting photos of the sheepsheds flooded out up to the road. What a mess. Someone put up some photos of the Richmond mall. Looks like they really took it hard.

Top Bottom