• ...and so much more!
  • KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    When I checked this morning, there was a 30% chance of rain. Guess what. It's raining like a champ right now.
    My boat is high and dry on a ridge above Monroe. It's only been in the lake once this year, and that's unheard of. This weather sucks!!!!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've got to try and catch up on yardwork this weekend. I've got two trees with broken branches from the storms last week that I need to cut up, and the weeds in the flower beds are growing faster than the grass. :(

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    ^^^^ Good luck. It's raining hard down here. It's supposed to move out but at this rate, it won't matter. Everything will be too wet to do anything outside.

Good thing for me is I have plenty of indoor projects too!:)

I think I'll finally get around to 5S'ing my garage tools and cabinets. (5S- Sort, Set in order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain)

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Rode my bike to work, nice and dry at 12am. 8 hours later, in the middle of a downpour the size of Indiana. Well, that was a stupid ****ing idea.

Low chance of rain, over by 8am? Eat a dick, Accuweather.

If it ain't rainin', we ain't trainin'...

Last edited:

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    ^^^^ Good luck. It's raining hard down here. It's supposed to move out but at this rate, it won't matter. Everything will be too wet to do anything outside.

Good thing for me is I have plenty of indoor projects too!:)

I think I'll finally get around to 5S'ing my garage tools and cabinets. (5S- Sort, Set in order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain)

5S's to preserve the 7P's, Proper Prior Planning Prevents **** Poor Performance...

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Well I woke up this morning and the first thing I did was check the radar and sure enough a huge yellow blob with a nice string of red thrown in for contrast covers the entire southern half of the state. We're right on the northern edge of the yellow so while it isn't "raining" there is enough precipitation to essentially cancel any planned outdoor activities.

Someone said we've been 18 weeks straight now that it has rained at least one of the three days (they included Friday in their calculations although we did have a dry sat/sun a couple of weeks ago). It suddenly struck me why the antifa movement is so strong and at times so violent; it's roots are in the rainy northwestern part of our country and from what I've heard this weather we've been experiencing here lately is their norm! Hell I'm ready to start swinging bicycle locks at strangers myself!!!

In the past our vacation times typically involve some ocean somewhere as I find myself inexplicably drawn to it at a genetic level but our vacation planning conversation currently involves the question "Where isn't it raining?" I NEED SOME SUNSHINE OR I'M GOING TO GO ANTIFA ON SOMETHING!!!:draw::runaway::shoot::mallninja::crying::nuts::ugh::drama::biggun::nono::scared::shady::facepalm::puke::tantrum::nailbite::koolaid::bat::whip::boxing::starwars:

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Well I woke up this morning and the first thing I did was check the radar and sure enough a huge yellow blob with a nice string of red thrown in for contrast covers the entire southern half of the state. We're right on the northern edge of the yellow so while it isn't "raining" there is enough precipitation to essentially cancel any planned outdoor activities.

Someone said we've been 18 weeks straight now that it has rained at least one of the three days (they included Friday in their calculations although we did have a dry sat/sun a couple of weeks ago). It suddenly struck me why the antifa movement is so strong and at times so violent; it's roots are in the rainy northwestern part of our country and from what I've heard this weather we've been experiencing here lately is their norm! Hell I'm ready to start swinging bicycle locks at strangers myself!!!

In the past our vacation times typically involve some ocean somewhere as I find myself inexplicably drawn to it at a genetic level but our vacation planning conversation currently involves the question "Where isn't it raining?" I NEED SOME SUNSHINE OR I'M GOING TO GO ANTIFA ON SOMETHING!!!:draw::runaway::shoot::mallninja::crying::nuts::ugh::drama::biggun::nono::scared::shady::facepalm::puke::tantrum::nailbite::koolaid::bat::whip::boxing::starwars:

All kidding aside, I do think folks are getting a little grouchier, including me these days.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I managed to mow, and get the largest of the broken branches (Maple tree. It was bigger than I thought - about 6 - 8" in diameter at the trunk) cut down and bundled up the small stuff. Did some weeding out front. Tomorrow I concentrate on the back yard beds and the Ash tree branch. It's broken off way up high so I'll have to use a ladder and my electric pole saw and get as much of it as I can. At some point I'm going to have to load my bundles of branches in the truck and make an early morning run to a nearby dumpster. Since our trash pickup no longer picks up anything that won't fit in our big blue can, it's either that or pay to dump it at Greencycle. Or leave it stacked somewhere and burn it this fall after it's dry enough.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    All kidding aside, I do think folks are getting a little grouchier, including me these days.

I have always thought that since I can't do anything about the weather, I may as well take it as it comes. But I have to admit, I'm getting a little tired of it. I have so much outside work and I can't seem to get very far.

Today's sun coming out was too little too late for me. I went out to pull some ivy from around my trees. Then I walked into the garage with 3lbs of mud on my shoes which basically negated the work I did by the time I clean my shoes and the garage.

I have to host one of my kid's baby showers on July 7th. I won't have near as much ready as I hoped.

First world problems are still problems!:)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Watching the weather this morning. They keep saying that the rain is running into dry air here and falling apart. Then they say how high the humidity is and how oppressive the dew points will be today. How is high humidity = dry air? :scratch:

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    My Aunt and Uncle are snowbirds. They spend six months in Florida during the Winter and the other six months here. For years I have listened to my Uncle bellyache about how terrible Indiana weather is and that people who live here are nuts. I'm starting to come around to his way of thinking.

For the record, the only reason he's not a full time Florida resident is because six months is the most Grandma (his wife) can stand being away from the grandbabies.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    TAXVUx3.gif

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Same thing this guy thought right down the road from me back in February, 2018.

Right up until he didn't:laugh:...

117d3b68-0b4d-4647-ab2b-b4b1bb31eb8d-medium16x9_gertg3erghw.JPG

Fortunately for him, a neighboring farmer drove his big John Deere tractor down there and retrieved him from the roof of his Jeep.

Trust me I wasn't going to be that guy to get stuck. It was 2 to 3 inches deep. No way would I try that. :yesway:

Top Bottom