Thinking of Voting for Destiny Wells instead of Morales??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Polls say many Republican's may vote for Destiny Wells because Morales is seen as incompetent and morally questionable.
    There's good reason to think that but my point is Well's is clearly anti-gun. As such nothing else she says or does matters. She can't get my vote.

With thanks to KellyinAvon her testimony on HB1077 can be seen here: http://iga.in.gov/information/archives/2022/video/committee_public_policy_1600/+

Her testimony starts at 20:00.

EDIT: I found the link above doesn't connect directly to the video. It takes you to a screen with a drop down menu. Click the drop down box (circled in red below) and then select the Jan 5th session (marked with an arrow).
    Sorry for the confusion.

View attachment 235589

I voted Libertarian for that office. Wells is anti-gun, and in the debate, every time she responded to the Libertarian, she said "this is why we have to maintain two party rule."

Either one of those would have disqualified her in my opinion, but combined, there wasn't even a second thought.

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    And this is what's important. If the Libertarian candidate takes away enough conservative votes, we end up with a left-wing freedom-hating autocratic Democrat in office, and all the !@#$-storm that causes. I am a strong Republican voter, not because the Republicans are so great, but because the Democrats are so terrible. Anything I can do to keep a Democrat out of office is worth it

I do think the Libertarians pull from both sides but regardless, I refuse to vote for the lesser of two evils when a good candidate is on the ballot. Both Ds and Rs are heading down the same path. One is running and one is walking. We need a different option.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    There are degrees of pieces of **** in politics. Sometimes your only choice by the time you get to the voting booth is who will be the lesser degree, particularly if the L can’t win but can only siphon votes.
    I can play that game too.

If you idiots werent throwing away your votes on the lesser of two evils/piles of crap, the Libertarians would be up there taking care of business. :p

Yeah, thats how ridiculous y'all sound to me.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

If you idiots werent throwing away your votes on the lesser of two evils/piles of crap, the Libertarians would be up there taking care of business. :p

Can you cite any examples of libertarians “taking care of business“ in Indiana?

Reactions: tsm

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Can you cite any examples of libertarians “taking care of business“ in Indiana?
    :scratch: How can they provide examples of taking care of business if those like yourself refuse to give them the opportunity out of fear of that the really bad guy might win. So youre stuck voting for the least bad guy, until the least bad guy eventually becomes worse than the really bad guy you were afraid was going to beat your least bad guy if you voted for the best guy.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    :scratch: How can they provide examples of taking care of business if those like yourself refuse to give them the opportunity out of fear of that the really bad guy might win. So youre stuck voting for the least bad guy, until the least bad guy eventually becomes worse than the really bad guy you were afraid was going to beat your least bad guy if you voted for the best guy.
    I actually voted libertarian, went to meetings, the whole shebang, as much as it was, once upon a time. Libertarians are fun to flirt with but not marriage material…

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

This presumes LP candidates would be immune from the faults that most other people have. From what I’ve seen from many of the ones running for office, often times it’d be the lesser of three evils.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county

Unfortunately Libertarians were in the range of 2 to 5% for IN votes this week. It’s an attractive idea to think they could achieve sufficient mass to become a viable option, but it’s not realistic thinking. If you haven’t noticed, the major parties compete by promising goodies of various types to win votes and have been doing that for decades, if not longer. The L platform is more “hands off” style, so there are few, if any, goodies to be proffered. Given the state of the electorate, expecting any massive shift away from the parties catering to the “me-me-me” crowd to one which prefers more individual responsibility and less governmental gift-giving seems like swimming against the tide. Not saying that wouldn’t be preferable to where we are today, just that such a political realignment seems about as likely as winning the lottery. There need to be realistic probabilities to take the chance of voting L today and hoping for a 10 or 20X increase in vote counts to even have a chance at parity seems overly optimistic to me. If you (a generic you, not you personally) can’t convince people to go vote when two years of dem control has wrecked the economy, opened the border, etc., what are the real chances of any minor party becoming major? I guess if you could get enough people turned off voting that only 5% actually voted, then maybe a small, dedicated 3rd party group might have a chance, at least for one election.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The answer is to focus on making the republican party into the conservative party we want. They already have all the tools so no need to build a new party, just do as Trump take it over…

Reactions: tsm

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I like that.

I thought I was a libertarian once too. Then I got out of the service and met some actual libertarians. I realized I was not a libertarian.
    We are libertarians. Not Libertarians. (especially card carrying types.) There is a difference.

Top Bottom