• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jkholmes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Mooreland
    I have to say, the wife also has a Ruger PC9 Carbine and she loves it. Same mags as her glock, so she only carries one type of mag anywhere really. Relatively soft shooting, groups well enough for her to reach out a little bit. And hopefully in a few months her suppressor gets out of suppressor jail :-D haha

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I contacted Alan for some input from him also. He hasn't steered me wrong so far.

I wonder which one would be best for some slight astigmatism? Not even enough to correct, but it's there.

All my red dots look like fuzzy stars, even the expensive ones. Old eyes suck.
    .... kicks rocks ...

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

Has a $50 rebate right now also.

I may have to get myself one of these for Christmas. Considering the discrepancy in price per round. Payback in this compared to shooting .223 is about a thousand rounds of .22.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Darn you guys! Now I have some explaining to do to my wife! I'll tell her it for her and to teach the grand kids. :)

Now to find a decent, not too expensive red dot for it.
    Dang it. I should never have opened this thread. I'm going to end up with the MP 15-22 too. I just took a Sig Romeo 5 off another rifle in exchange for an LPVO, so it's just sitting on a shelf waiting for a host.

Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Dang it. I should never have opened this thread. I'm going to end up with the MP-22 too. I just took a Sig Romeo 5 off another rifle in exchange for an LPVO, so it's just sitting on a shelf waiting for a host.
    Well, if you don't buy one, you could always send that Christmas gift....err Romeo 5 to me! :)

I just got shipping notification from RK this morning.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    9mm carbines are an addiction. Each one has their positives and negatives. I realized that over the years I've owned the following;

Beretta CX4 Storm
    KelTec Sub 2000
    HiPoint 995 Carbine
    PSA AR9 (times two)
    Extar EP9 (braced pistol)
    Ruger PC-9 Carbine. (Still have this one)
    New Frontier lower/FM upper C-9 Carbine (current carbine)

Out of all of these, my favorite has been the Extar. Only turn-off was it being an all polymer upper and lower.

Last edited:

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Love some of these INGO threads!!!! Good for :patriot::ar15: which ultimately leads to

:spend: :spend: :spend: :spend: which leads to the WIFE doing :bash: :bash: :flamethrower: :flamethrower:

keep it up INGOers!!!!

:ingo: :ingo:
    I have a rule that if I get it home and into the safe, when asked about it by the wife, I reply "I've had that forever".

Still get into trouble...

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Took my new build 9mm carbine out the Elwood Conservation Club to function check and sight it in. Zero malfunctions and fed both ball ammo and 115 grain hollow points. Soft shooting for a blowback action. Going to throw a RDS and sling on it and take it back to the range next weekend.

Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Got the 15-22 out to the range today. I zeroed the Romeo5 and ran 5 different .22 loads through it. They are shot basically the same grouping and POA.

I think it's going to be fun, though I really didn't need it,lol! I'm going to do some work to it, replacing the stock with a B5 SOPMOD and replace the trigger.

I don't think I want to spend the money on a SSA-E trigger to match my current AR build, but do you think I should bite the bullet?

I have used ALG ACT triggers in past builds and they seem to do okay.

Do you guys have any trigger recommendations? The factory trigger is not all that great.

Oh and lastly I was thinking about doing a stencil paint job on my last AR before I sold it but couldn't do it to such a nice rifle. Since this is basically a plinker for fun and not all that much money I may paint this one. :)

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I think it's going to be fun, though I really didn't need it,lol!
    Need has nothing to do with it!

How serious you want to be using the 15/22 as a training alternative to your AR will determine how much you spend on upgrades. Do you want an exact duplicate or is close good enough?

Last edited:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Oh and lastly I was thinking about doing a stencil paint job on my last AR before I sold it but couldn't do it to such a nice rifle. Since this is basically a plinker for fun and not all that much money I may paint this one. :)
    I just got the update from Rural King that mine was delivered. I am also toying with the idea of painting it, just as a test project.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    I don't think I want to spend the money on a SSA-E trigger to match my current AR build, but do you think I should bite the bullet?

I have used ALG ACT triggers in past builds and they seem to do okay.

Do you guys have any trigger recommendations? The factory trigger is not all that great.
    I put a CMC 3.5 trigger assembly in mine. worked great. ( now has a franklin arms binary trigger in it);)
    one thing to watch out for is that long ejector. if cleaning barrel with a rod, be sure not to bend the ejector.

lots of info here;

http://smith-wessonforum.com/smith-wesson-m-p-15-22/

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Still collecting accessories, lol. I'm going to have a lot of money in this by the time I done. But I am close now. I have a trigger, sling, sling mounts, forward grip and paint.

Thanks again KLB. I think you should buy me a beer or a cup of coffee one day for causing me to spend so much money!;)

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Still collecting accessories, lol. I'm going to have a lot of money in this by the time I done. But I am close now. I have a trigger, sling, sling mounts, forward grip and paint.

Thanks again KLB. I think you should buy me a beer or a cup of coffee one day for causing me to spend so much money!;)
    If you ever make it up to NWI, you can come over for show, tell, and shooting. :ar15:

Top Bottom