Think we're safe from an "assault" weapons ban?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Bad Idea

Changing to the term "self-loader" here would be a bad idea. The anti population are already trying their hardest to portray firearms as having their own consciousness and being filled with evil intent. Calling a firearm "self-loading" would give them a better way to portray a firearm as being able to act on it's own accord.

You would be hearing something like this. "How can we keep our children safe when we have guns that load themselves."

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    It's no better or worse than "semi-automatic" because they tend to latch onto the "automatic" part.

But now you have the image imprinted in my mind of an AK-47 rolling out of bed in the morning for it's box of Kalashnik-Os

StarKing

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2008
    Muncie
    Notice what they DIDN'T say...

The didn't say they were traced back to US retail purchases.

The Mexican government got the guns from US manufacturers who sold them to the Mexican government. The drug runners either stole them or the were gotton by corrupt government officials.

They also didn't mention that the US is the only country with a system that effectively makes gun tracing possible. For all intents and purposes guns from the US are the only ones that CAN be traced. The fact that it was only 90-95% is revealing.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    The assault on the second amendment has only just begun.

Nah, it begun in the beginning of the 20th Century after Cowboys and outlaws lost their luster.

I wonder what gun show they are buying their fully automatic AKs, M16s, and Uzis??? Also what show is selling them the grenades, rocket and morter tubes???

I seem to remember RPG tubes being sold as storage tubes across from the INGO table at the 1500 and also saw some nice full auto's on the other side of the room aswell.

I'd think that drug cartels would rather buy 15-20 full-auto rifles for the price of one of those at the gun show though.....

But now you have the image imprinted in my mind of an AK-47 rolling out of bed in the morning for it's box of Kalashnik-Os

Sniper training schools should be setup along our border. If you can make it past them you get to become a legal citizen.

I gotta buy you guys a drink sometime! :rockwoot: :patriot:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    It's no better or worse than "semi-automatic" because they tend to latch onto the "automatic" part.

So how about we start using correct terminology and those that do not require a tax stamp be called "semi-automatic" and those that do, or are only available (legally) to military and LEO being called "select-fire"?

Blessings,
    Bill

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    So how about we start using correct terminology and those that do not require a tax stamp be called "semi-automatic" and those that do, or are only available (legally) to military and LEO being called "select-fire"?

Blessings,
    Bill
    If it's the "automatic" part the media latches onto in "semi-automatic," we should start calling them "semi-manual" firearms then. Maybe then they'll latch onto the "manual" part. :D

Hey, a girl can dream, can't she?

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    That could work, or we could make up words. A revolver becomes a "turnalizer", a bolt action becomes an "Upbackforwarddown injector" semiauto handguns become "Active slidetops", semiauto rifles become "Fluffy Bunnies"(who wants to ban fluffy bunnies? Nobody!) Everything capable of full auto becomes a "Swiss cheese processor"...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    If it's the "automatic" part the media latches onto in "semi-automatic," we should start calling them "semi-manual" firearms then. Maybe then they'll latch onto the "manual" part. :D

Hey, a girl can dream, can't she?

Could this be why one of the greatest guns in history was called "The Peacemaker?"

Everyone recognized it as a gun, and the name of the gun told what the man's intentions were (generally - there were exceptions) whenever he carried it.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    That could work, or we could make up words. A revolver becomes a "turnalizer", a bolt action becomes an "Upbackforwarddown injector" semiauto handguns become "Active slidetops", semiauto rifles become "Fluffy Bunnies"(who wants to ban fluffy bunnies? Nobody!) Everything capable of full auto becomes a "Swiss cheese processor"...

cutebunnies.jpg

Lawguns

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I still have yet to see a "straw purchase" as described by Clinton. I'm not saying it's never happened, but why would mexican drug cartels do it considering they have lots of money to afford grenade launchers. I think they can afford to buy their guns elsewhere too.

This won't achieve Obama's stated goal (duh).

As a gun dealer I see this more often then you would think. It is sometimes obvious and sometimes not. I was at a gun show a while back and was standing in the isle at the end of the show walking around. I heard 2 men standing at a table asking “you got any 9mm for about $100 bucks if you do I will by 10." The dealer said no. As they walked away I heard them say, "don't worry next one we will offer $150 and we will tell him we ain't doing paperwork these guys will do anything for money"
    I am sad to say they did not get this attitude on their own. Some dealer obviously did not figure out that these guys are up to no good.
    I have also had Spanish speaking only men come into my shop the young one was picking out the gun and having the older guy buy the gun. I of course refused to sell them the gun and reported it to the ATF as required. The third and last instance I will relate is a security guard from here in town came in and picked out a gun. He then said "ok my wife will be in later to do the paperwork" because he could not pass a background check. When we told him we could not do that he promptly said ok I will go to XXX shop they will do it for me and no it was not Don's.

Top Bottom