• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Did you leave the key in the ignition? thats how most cars are stolen in my neck of the woods, most of the cars in the parking lot at my place of employment have keys in them.

Nope. Didn't leave it unlocked. Didn't leave anything inside (except for the engine parameters monitor since the 6.0L have "issues") for someone to break in.

Whoever it was got in without breaking glass. Officer Bennett (and I've realized I failed to include the gracious thank you that was meant to be in the first post, so if any of our resident IMPD guys know him, pass it along, please) said he thinks they probably rolled it to the street and then used the distance from the house as cover for the noise they'd make in getting in and ripping the steering column off, etc. Still not sure how an 8000lb truck gets "rolled" when it's in park, but it doesn't really matter, does it? :(

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Holy hell, why would you leave your keys in the ignition? I lock my car in my own driveway in Carmel, and there's nothing in it worth the effort of stealing to start with. If they think they're getting the car, it's not going (I have tricks). Gawd, some people are just demanding to be victims.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Holy hell, why would you leave your keys in the ignition? I lock my car in my own driveway in Carmel, and there's nothing in it worth the effort of stealing to start with. If they think they're getting the car, it's not going (I have tricks). Gawd, some people are just demanding to be victims.

I have family that does. But if you get caught stealing their vehicles, no one will ever find you out that far. :D

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    lol when I visit my parents, they dont lock their doors at night. keys are always in the ignition. its a southern way of life

Sorry to hear about your truck 88!

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I still say theft should be punishable by death. Specifically when someone enters your home or your residential property. Only the lowest of thieving scum would risk death to steal, and they would eventually be eliminated.

Sorry to here about your truck, that's a real downer.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    this sucks... sometimes makes you wonder why work so hard for other people to have my stuff.

^ This. I say it every week when I look at my pay stub. :xmad:

Sorry 'bout the truck, but I think it would be better than having someone break into the house. I would think you would really feel that more emotionally.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    If, you are electrically inclined there is a neat little trick you can do with a Coil, a wireless switch and some wire...

A good way to keep People from leaning on your vehicle as well...

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    If, you are electrically inclined there is a neat little trick you can do with a Coil, a wireless switch and some wire...

A good way to keep People from leaning on your vehicle as well...

You have my attention...

Uhhh...

Just from reading here I am guessing something like an '04-'09 Ford F350, With a 6.0L Diesel and an Automatic Transmission...

How did I do 88GT?! ;)

You forgot crew cab FX4 with roof clearance lights.

And I believe the 6.0L were made between '03 and '07. The 6.4s ran model years '08-'10, and the new 2011 are running a you-call-that-a-diesel? 6.7L. Mine was an '06.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Remember, you can use deadly force to protect from unlawful intrusion upon your house, curtilage and automobile.

"Officer, I was in my car at 3AM when goons tried to get into it, so I defended myself..." :D (though the idea of setting up a "trap" for the scum sort of is Goetz-ish at best...)

People suck lately, must be the unemployment or generic degredation of society. Everything from people stealing cars to people calling me a &^%got when I run, then get mad when I flip them off, eventually having to chase them off with my knife in hand when they stop to start a fight (or the trashbag Hendricks Co. deputies that hoot with the rest of their skidlid friends in an unmarked passing by on the street). People are idiots. I will take the hit on karma points (and threaten my Karmic exemption letter... AGAIN), but I wish something would traumatically occur in this nation, such as a massive power failure or virus. The idiots (and admittedly, I as well...) would be killed off, but the world would be a better place. :)

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Yeah, I'll probably be among those bulldozed into a mass grave, but I'll have done my best before that to make the world a better place for those left alive. I hope they can appreciate it.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    You have my attention...
    Instead of installing the Coil to the Distributor fasten that straight to the Body...
    Use the Wireless Entry Device to turn the Coil on and off remotely. ;)

You forgot crew cab FX4 with roof clearance lights.
    Not enough info in this thread for me to nail that part or the Color of the Truck... ;)
    And I believe the 6.0L were made between '03 and '07. The 6.4s ran model years '08-'10, and the new 2011 are running a you-call-that-a-diesel? 6.7L. Mine was an '06.
    I stand corrected on the Years, you are right. :yesway:

P.S. I really miss my '06 F-250.... :(

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    It sucks when bad things happen to good people.

Also sucks when Good things happen to Bad people. Unfortunately this happens way too often.

My brother and I once said that if we tried to be bad guys, we'd never get away with it. Just to darn good natured. But then there's dirtbags out there that seem to get away with everything and destroy lives in the process.
    Bad People Suck!

I am truly Very Sorry about what happened. It's hard to explain that empty, overwhelming helpless feeling you get when it hits really you. :(

BTW-Whats wrong with your GT?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Instead of installing the Coil to the Distributor fasten that straight to the Body...
    Use the Wireless Entry Device to turn the Coil on and off remotely. ;)

We'll not be replacing it with another one yet due to the fact that it will likely be stolen again. Our location makes it almost a sure thing. But when we get the hell out of this ****hole, and get another one, I will have to remember

Not enough info in this thread for me to nail that part or the Color of the Truck... ;)
    I don't wanna hear your excuses. :D :laugh:

I stand corrected on the Years, you are right. :yesway:
    Well, it's not like I'm some expert. We spent a lot of time trying to decide which model year to get because every one came with their own unique set of problems. The 6.0 had all the coolant/EGR and turbo issues. The 6.4s apparently get absolutely awful mileage. And the 6.7s--aside from being outside the amount we wanted to spend for a truck--we so over-engineered to make them less diesel-y, that all the reasons I like a diesel in the first place--loud, obnoxious, and smelly--were gone. :(

P.S. I really miss my '06 F-250.... :(
    Wanna be a charter member of the "Missing my SuperDuty" Club. :):

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I don't wanna hear your excuses. :D :laugh:

But,but, but it is all I got... :(:(
    Well, it's not like I'm some expert. We spent a lot of time trying to decide which model year to get because every one came with their own unique set of problems. The 6.0 had all the coolant/EGR and turbo issues. The 6.4s apparently get absolutely awful mileage. And the 6.7s--aside from being outside the amount we wanted to spend for a truck--we so over-engineered to make them less diesel-y, that all the reasons I like a diesel in the first place--loud, obnoxious, and smelly--were gone. :(
    I am a huge fan of the 7.3 and then the 6.0. The 6.4 and the 6.7 just prove that Automakers should not try to be engine builders...
    I am looking at picking up a '97 F350 now though. I have found one with only 127K on it...
    Wanna be a charter member of the "Missing my SuperDuty" Club. :):
    Let's do it!!!

I got rid of mine to lose an "earache"...

Top Bottom