• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I'm sorry to hear about your truck 88gt, that sucks!! I hope they find the idiots that did it and feed them to a pack of wolves!

I'm with Jeremy on this one, I like the 7.3's when it comes to Ford diesels. I love my dad's 00 F250 with the 7.3 and 6 spd. If he manages to find another someday, then I'm buying this one from him.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    7.3 was the best that Navistar fed to Ford. It's to bad that Navistar and Ford couldn't come together and keep things working. Would be about 700 less guys out of a job right now.
    Anyway, quadcab, pickup, I'm really starting to love ours, although we didn't go with a ford or a diesel, even though that's what we wanted.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Did it not have some form of imobiliser fitted? In the UK, newer cars (anything built after probably 2001) are all stolen with keys.

Ie: You leave your keys close enough to the letter box (we have slots in our doors to let the mailman put mail thru) that someone can fish for them, or someone breaks into the house and steals the keys, and hence your car/truck.

No-one jams screwdrivers into ignitions any more :(

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I got rid of mine to lose an "earache"...

I think I see what you did there. And I'm outta rep but that was great.

I'm with Jeremy on this one, I like the 7.3's when it comes to Ford diesels. I love my dad's 00 F250 with the 7.3 and 6 spd. If he manages to find another someday, then I'm buying this one from him.

Yeah, so do I. But so does everybody and his brother. It's hard to find one that isn't beat to hell with "low" mileage on it. I plan, er planned, on driving this one until it died, shocking it back to life, and driving it some more. I don't really wanna start out with a third of the life already used up by somebody else. My dad's last four trucks have all been 250 or better so I am intimately familiar with how people who use trucks USE trucks.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    I don't know who I pissed off lately, but somebody has it in for me.
    Sorry to hear about your truck. Have you checked with family or ex's. I would look there first.:dunno: Be careful about asking them though. They might take it the wrong way and seek even more revenge.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Sorry to hear about your truck. Have you checked with family or ex's. I would look there first.:dunno: Be careful about asking them though. They might take it the wrong way and seek even more revenge.

I was thinking someone with a little more cosmic power. ;)

Possible one family member might have done it. But he knows I'd kill him and my dad--his brother--would let me hide the body on his property, or direct me to the closest pig farm. So I'm not really worried there.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I think I see what you did there. And I'm outta rep but that was great.
    The worst part is I know occasionally have an Earache about I wish we still had the "Silver Titanic" I need you to Figure out how to get 2 pallets of Pavers to the House, or I want a Camper...

Then I remind Her that I do not have the Diesel and will have to use the Freightliner...

Yeah, so do I. But so does everybody and his brother. It's hard to find one that isn't beat to hell with "low" mileage on it. I plan, er planned, on driving this one until it died, shocking it back to life, and driving it some more. I don't really wanna start out with a third of the life already used up by somebody else. My dad's last four trucks have all been 250 or better so I am intimately familiar with how people who use trucks USE trucks.

The can be found though...
    Usually at a VERY affordable price as well...

On a Side note, a friend of mine who is strangely in the know about this type of activity said it was probably taken with a Tow Truck type of system and that it is not really that uncommon of an event...

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    The worst part is I know occasionally have an Earache about I wish we still had the "Silver Titanic" I need you to Figure out how to get 2 pallets of Pavers to the House, or I want a Camper...

Then I remind Her that I do not have the Diesel and will have to use the Freightliner...

I'd be just as good with the Freightliner too. :):

On a Side note, a friend of mine who is strangely in the know about this type of activity said it was probably taken with a Tow Truck type of system and that it is not really that uncommon of an event...

I think I'm going to canvass the neighborhood this weekend. Probably won't amount to much but I live right at the exit to the neighborhood. unless they took it before 5am there's a chance someone saw something.

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Two words, 'Kill Switch'. Growing up in the suburban Detroit area, my aunt and uncle had avoided having their '84 Trans Am stolen back in the day with a hidden kill switch.

VaGriller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 15, 2010
    Avon
    Sorry to hear that 88GT. I had a 06 F250 theft recovery in the shop a few weeks ago. The door locks punch right out with a flathead screw driver, ignition lock was pulled with a dent puller and a screwdriver was used to start it. Was stolen from a Home depot parking while the owner was shopping.

Somebody else mentioned it was probably used to steal construction equipment or trailers and theyre probably correct.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    I was thinking someone with a little more cosmic power. ;)

Possible one family member might have done it. But he knows I'd kill him and my dad--his brother--would let me hide the body on his property, or direct me to the closest pig farm. So I'm not really worried there.
    The only reason I mentioned family or ex's is because, they say, most crimes commited, the victim is known of or by the assailant/s. Not always the case though. Certainly anyone threatning you in any manner, isn't the best way to make friends or ammends.jmo

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    Well when they find it, be ready to pay the tow tab and storage fee. Still hate Terre Haute PD/Tow company for making me, "The Victim", pay $100 to get my stolen vehicle out of impound. As if the damage to the vehicle wasn't bad enough...they add injury to insult. So much for victims rights......

Top Bottom