• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Obtain an 1/2" piece of 3/8ths plastic tubing. Place it over the tick. Pour an amount of Antibacterial dish soap into the tube that will cover the tick. Wait about 20 minutes. Use a Q-tip to spin the the tick COUNTER-CLOCKWISE. The tick will release with its head still attached and can be discarded.

You're welcome.
    View attachment 199454
    Counter clockwise to me or the tick?

Had hiked through Muscatatuk for a bit. Never found the falls.

Update: that tick is off. Had two on kids and one on the dog. Those don't worry me. It's the ones I didn't find yet...

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I got the RMSF in 2018. Not fun.
    Yeah, ticks suck. I have doxy at home. Took some about sixty seconds after i found a tick in the shower a few years ago. Those little jerks.

Saw a guy who had hundreds of tick bites from TN trip. Fever 103, WBC of like 0.9. I talked to infectious disease, said either erlichosis or anaplasmosis, just give him doxy and send him home :rofl:

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Counter clockwise to me or the tick?

Had hiked through Muscatatuk for a bit. Never found the falls.

Update: that tick is off. Had two on kids and one on the dog. Those don't worry me. It's the ones I didn't find yet...
    Those other ones will be easier to find in a couple days.

And what is this Doxy stuff? Sounds like we should have some in the medicine cabinet.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    Yeah, ticks suck. I have doxy at home. Took some about sixty seconds after i found a tick in the shower a few years ago. Those little jerks.

Saw a guy who had hundreds of tick bites from TN trip. Fever 103, WBC of like 0.9. I talked to infectious disease, said either erlichosis or anaplasmosis, just give him doxy and send him home :rofl:

I have access to many prescription and nonprescription drugs within walking distance, but no antibiotics. :(

Have to drive to town for those...

Top Bottom