• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    I had two latched on a few days ago. Just used tweezers to pull them off. IMO that's the fastest option.

I sprayed the property with bifenthrin last year and never found any ticks, spiders, ants, crickets or any other critters afterwards. Getting ready to shoot the property as soon as the winds die down.
    What do you use to spray it?

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    The tweezers that come with some models of SAKs are by far the best tick removal tool I've ever used.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Just heard of this tick now in Indiana

"Alpha-gal syndrome is a recently identified type of food allergy to red meat and other products made from mammals. In the United States, the condition is most often caused by a Lone Star tick bite. The bite transmits a sugar molecule called alpha-gal into the person's body. In some people, this triggers an immune system reaction that later produces mild to severe allergic reactions to red meat, such as beef, pork or lamb, or other mammal products."

OMG, that sounds absolutely horrible. Why couldn't it cause something like allergy to Tofu.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I've never had one embed in me but I lapsed on my dogs' prevention meds last fall and they ended up with a few. I used a tick key and it worked like a charm. Not sure if it's uncomfortable or not because one of my dogs just laid there and let me go to work on em, but the other was a drama queen about it, but he doesn't like me cutting his nails either

areamike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    Monticello, IN
    Wife is terrified of ticks........going to set this as the background pic on our computer before I go to bed tonight. A higher powered laser works well to make a tick move on if attached, then just pick it off.
    My Dad used to pull them off our dogs all the time when we were kids. I couldn't stand it and had to leave the area. Those things are nasty!

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Wife is terrified of ticks........going to set this as the background pic on our computer before I go to bed tonight. A higher powered laser works well to make a tick move on if attached, then just pick it off.
    Mine too, I generally pull them off then go “surprise” her with a “guess what’s in my hand” game. One night she’s going to kill me in my sleep…

Top Bottom