• ...and so much more!
  • indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    The whole ounce of prevention, pound of cure thing..................pre-treat clothes with permethrin.
    Our procedure has always been spray heavily the points of entry: ankles, beltline, arms, neckline, and head. When we return from the woods, we throw all our cloths into the tub until time to wash them. Recently (like a week ago), the OG pulled the cloths out of the tub and found 5 ticks, 2 still alive. I think we are going to change the procedure to spraying head to toe.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Our procedure has always been spray heavily the points of entry: ankles, beltline, arms, neckline, and head. When we return from the woods, we throw all our cloths into the tub until time to wash them. Recently (like a week ago), the OG pulled the cloths out of the tub and found 5 ticks, 2 still alive. I think we are going to change the procedure to spraying head to toe.
    Straight to the washer then wash ASAP.

mark40sw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2015
    Roanoke
    Just heard of this tick now in Indiana

"Alpha-gal syndrome is a recently identified type of food allergy to red meat and other products made from mammals. In the United States, the condition is most often caused by a Lone Star tick bite. The bite transmits a sugar molecule called alpha-gal into the person's body. In some people, this triggers an immune system reaction that later produces mild to severe allergic reactions to red meat, such as beef, pork or lamb, or other mammal products."

Top Bottom