• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    How are you not able to operate a Glock?????? The gun at that point had not been damaged, thrown so I assume ( know an ass out of you and me hahaha) the gun was in perfect working order.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Scary. Very sad how the quick decision to remove a layer (and the firearm attached to it) led to the guide's death. And the other hunter seemingly didn't have basic firearm skills to draw upon. I'm also assuming the guide didn't leave his firearm in condition 1, which was the second mistake leading to his death.

JimH

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    I have walked up on grizzlies 3 times in NW Wyoming while hunting. It WILL get your attention in a hurry and make your realize that you are NOT the biggest bad-A on the mountain. ALWAYS carried a sidearm because I simply did not trust bear spray as a deterrent.

If you know who Jimmy Craig in Bloomfield is, he's dang lucky to be alive.

Dirty Steve

Yep,remember Jimmy's incident.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    How are you not able to operate a Glock?????? The gun at that point had not been damaged, thrown so I assume ( know an ass out of you and me hahaha) the gun was in perfect working order.
    I don’t know. The first time I was ever handed a Glock I pulled the trigger and nothing. pulled again and nothing. I don’t know how or why it was possible but some thing about the way my finger sat on the trigger would not engage the safety.

To this day it’s one of the reasons I will never own a glock or other firearm that has a bifurcated trigger safety.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Wow. Complacency gets the best of us.

I’m a very inexperienced hunter and even I know that in bear country you take bear spray and firearms in that order. It comes up all the time. I’ve read it in here and other places.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I don’t know. The first time I was ever handed a Glock I pulled the trigger and nothing. pulled again and nothing. I don’t know how or why it was possible but some thing about the way my finger sat on the trigger would not engage the safety.

To this day it’s one of the reasons I will never own a glock or other firearm that has a bifurcated trigger safety.
    I’m not sure I understand this.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Wow. Complacency gets the best of us.

I’m a very inexperienced hunter and even I know that in bear country you take bear spray and firearms in that order. It comes up all the time. I’ve read it in here and other places.
    They found his empty bear spray canister. I think I'd switch the order.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Yep. That’s what I’m saying. You can’t pull the trigger without depressing the trigger safety. Your finger has to be right on the edge to not hit it.
    Like I said I don’t know how although I was much younger at the time. It was one of the first glocks ever made so it may be a combination of my lack of skill at the time and the design of the safety back then.

I only know that if the weapon I choose does not reliably do what I expect it to that I won’t consider it.

I’m fine being proficient with my 1911, Beretta and other conventional pistols.

Top Bottom