• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Angry grizzly, is a g***k going to do anything more than **** him off more?
    One of the largest skulled bears ever killed was killed with a .22 long. A 9MM, even a .380 through the skull with any reasonable bullet will kill one. Body shots are a lot more iffy even with the best of 9MM ammo.

Despite assumptions to the contrary, bear are not all that tough as far as dangerous game is concerned. The speed with which a handgun can be deployed is more important than raw power.

chuckp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Central IN
    I wonder if the Glock was modified with one of those thumb safety kits. Might have kept the gun from firing if he did not know about the mod.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    CSB I had a G23 that I sold to an INGOer here. I drank the Kool Aid back in the late 90s and went .40.

When I realized the error of my ways I converted my 23 to a 9mm. Then I went all in and bought a 19 and wanted to unload my 23 and 27.
    An INGOer that was moving to Alaska bought the 23 so he could drop in a .357sig barrel and use it as a bear gun.
    Now that I think about it, I'm not sure that I have ever seen that user again. Here's hoping he didnt find out the hard way that the sig wasnt sufficient. :nailbite: :):

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    I have walked up on grizzlies 3 times in NW Wyoming while hunting. It WILL get your attention in a hurry and make your realize that you are NOT the biggest bad-A on the mountain. ALWAYS carried a sidearm because I simply did not trust bear spray as a deterrent.

If you know who Jimmy Craig in Bloomfield is, he's dang lucky to be alive.

Dirty Steve

he is my neighbor

Top Bottom