• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RandallX

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 15, 2012
    hamilton county
    "Concealed carry means striking a balance between firepower, ammunition, and size. You inevitably end up making a sacrifice in one area or the other — it’s more a question of personal needs and tastes than it is a matter of which is the “best” weapon."
    More true words have not been read by these eyes this week. great article. thanks for sharing.

behiggie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Great Site and interesting article, nice to see someone talk about carry and not mention the word Tactical once. :):

marshallartist

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Brownsburg
    jbond_3.jpg

A picture is worth a thousand words.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Stylish men? Is that code for something? Real men wear flannel, denim, and Redwing's. They ONLY take off their OC holster rig for one thing, unless of course leaving it on turns her on.:rockwoot: You know what I'm sayin'

Good find. I would disagree with their assertion that IWB is uncomfortable and expensive. And the photographers vest? Come on. Nothin screams "I AM CARRYING A GUN" like one of those things.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Stylish men? Is that code for something? Real men wear flannel, denim, and Redwing's. They ONLY take off their OC holster rig for one thing, unless of course leaving it on turns her on.:rockwoot: You know what I'm sayin'

Good find. I would disagree with their assertion that IWB is uncomfortable and expensive. And the photographers vest? Come on. Nothin screams "I AM CARRYING A GUN" like one of those things.

I used to be heavily into photography and do own a vest that has pockets full of filters and stuff. It never occurred to me back then that I could stuff a gun in there too. I think a photography vest with a couple of cameras is probably Ok, but if you're wearing one with no camera, you will probably be pegged as someone that carries.

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    Deep concealment:

obama_2012_hoodie.jpg

No way. I see someone wearing a hoodie with an Obamatard logo on it, I KNOW he's packing heat. Probably a Lorcin .25, or some other six-to-a-blister-pack, throwdown POS, kept right in that front pocket next to his free "Obama phone" and EBT card.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I've followed that site for awhile. Always seem to put out quality.

IWB requires "tailored trousers"...?

Does buying pants with a slightly larger waist count?

Not if you're looking for a "good" fit. I've noticed a big difference between off the rack pants and tailored pants in the same waist and length. Otherwise, yes. I'd imagine the writers on that site would see just going to a slightly larger waist as being a bit sloppy but if you look around at a good majority of people walking around in suits, you'll see a lot of sloppy.

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    jbond_3.jpg

A picture is worth a thousand words.

BIG fan of Connery....it IS sad that though that so many iconic movie images show actors practicing the art of violating basic safety rules. It's like they just cannot handle a firearm without putting their finger on the trigger! See ANY promo shot of Angelina Jolie as TombRaider for a TON of examples.

Archaic_Entity

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Yes.. By going to a bigger waist will cause the front of your pants at the waist to bunch when you tighten the belt.

Right. There are a couple good options to detract from this.

First off: for jeans it doesn't really matter all that much, since they're kind of "sloppy" to begin with, but if you're going with dress pants you want to actually go tailored.

For one thing, you want to look dashing (I assume) and cut a good figure. Pants a size too large (or two sizes, usually, to fit a gun) will also drape improperly, and when you dress up without a gun can also look crappy since the waist will bunch when you tighten the belt.

I'd recommend tailoring and/or buying pants that are adjustable. Check out both Custom Suits & Mens Suits | Indochino and Black Lapel - Custom Suits and Shirts
    Their pants options include adjustable waists so that you can have the extra slack for when you carry IWB and the extra tightness for when you don't. They're designed so that the front doesn't bunch.

Top Bottom